Clavius
Whofan
jonwes
gregtdj
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Rate this episode
Fantastic!
412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
Pretty Good
412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Average
412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Disappointing
412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Horrible
412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Interesting thought...carry it further and throw in a few extra things. The introduction of Donna with the huon particles in her system which attracted her to the heart of the Tardis. Add GreenK9's observance of the doctor's revelation of Donna and their fates intertwined, her being uncommon and the comment from the Shadow Proclamation lady that she is something new along with a dash of Rose's comments that they need her and the Doctor to stop the darkness, toss in the vision of Donna falling in the middle of the Tardis as it burns...and voila! You've got...a new heart of the Tardis.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 pm

Not to mention that Riversong is also a redhead affraid geek
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 7:20 am

is it saturday yet?
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 am

gregtdj wrote:
Interesting thought...carry it further and throw in a few extra things. The introduction of Donna with the huon particles in her system which attracted her to the heart of the Tardis. Add GreenK9's observance of the doctor's revelation of Donna and their fates intertwined, her being uncommon and the comment from the Shadow Proclamation lady that she is something new along with a dash of Rose's comments that they need her and the Doctor to stop the darkness, toss in the vision of Donna falling in the middle of the Tardis as it burns...and voila! You've got...a new heart of the Tardis.

That's a very interesting theory, Greg...I like it. She'd certainly be able to travel with the Doctor forever then and she may even die in a sense (as others have kept predicting).

BTW...I mentioned on another board that with RTD's "alleged" affinity names, anagrams and such that maybe Donna's name means something...Donna (meaning Lady in Italian) and Noble (meaning the obvious...Royalty or a person of great virtue)...I dunno..Maybe It's a reach.

I loved this episode and "Left Turn"...Two really great episodes leading up to the end of the season.

Dana
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:21 pm

hmm...wonder who is going to sacrifice themselves? RTD said more or less as a teaser what would you do for the love of another? Now I am a naughty girl and remember seeing the spoiler picts of Rose cradling the injured 10 but I also remember seeing a photo of 10 walking to his tardis soaking wet and alone in the rain...deleted scene? RTD does like to make the doc miserable so it does seem likely in this- someone will be gone. RTD seems to follow a pattern of the person most unlikely to...becomes the hero...like did anyone see Pete Tyler the fella most likely to rescue Rose? In midnight...the stewardess? Most (including me) would put the odds for pushing up daises on Rose or Donna. Could the pining Mickey prove one last chance at how much he loves Rose...Sarah-o.k. she is doing series 2...but what time frames are those stories falling into? Jackie...will the love for her daughter prove to be a final act?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 am

There was a quote posted from the upcoming episode, not sure how they get these, but it sounded like it was Wilf talking about Donna, and it gives the impression that she doesnt survive.

I think it would be a pity since she has improved especially to any of us who have seen Turn Left.

The X-mas special has cybermen and a different woman as a guest star, so maybe she doesnt make it. I honestly just want to be surprised, like someone else wrote,

EARTHSHOCK moment!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:02 am

They've been foreshadowing Donna's death the way they did Rose's death at the end of Series 2. I think Donna might be a red herring - though really that probably only leaves Rose to die. Or maybe Donna dies in a way that's not totally physical. I don't know. I'm excited that I don't know!

I doubt it's Martha just because I think they have other plans for her, if I guess right.

I'm sure it's not Jack as he has Torchwood and well, he can't die, right?

I'm sure it's not Sarah Jane because she has her own spin-off as well, and in the recent DWM RTD talked about killing a character he created.

Hmmmmm.... I just hope it's done well, whoever it is.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:36 am

Maybe it is Jack, but he doesnt die he merely has his immortaity, at least in human form, cancelled out. I do still recall he is The Face of Boe.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:50 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Maybe it is Jack, but he doesnt die he merely has his immortaity, at least in human form, cancelled out. I do still recall he is The Face of Boe.

He's died so many times, something will have to blow off his limbs, and keep his head in a jar (or something).

scratch
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Could the faithful companion be .... The TARDIS itself? there had been rumors regarding a new design to it, not to mention it is on fire in the final episode.

Just a thought

That gets me, as this ENORMOUS set was created, only to be... downsized?

affraid
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Not sure where they got this quote but...
Quote :
Donna will leave the show at the end of Series 4, according to Catherine Tate. Catherine Tate confirmed she will not return for the 2009 specials.

Found it on this link...
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_Noble

Not sure if it is true, but if it is then it would certainly mean Donna's death is at hand...maybe...definitely...possibly...
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 am

"Donna Noble has been saved..." Silence of the Library-
In a sci fi world they could kill Donna off but bring her back later?
Will be sad to see her go if she does...it was nice to have a more mature companion in the Tardis. Ah the wait for this episode is painful- eh?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:41 am

greenk9 wrote:
..... Ah the wait for this episode is painful- eh?

Just watch some Boom Booms Friday and you will be ready for the fireworks Saturday flower sunny < closest thing to fireworks smileys I could find lol!
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 am

We got boom booms on Tuesday in Canada, because of Canada Day. (We went to the town fireworks and we all got hit by firework fallout!)
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 am

gregtdj wrote:
Not sure where they got this quote but...
Quote :
Donna will leave the show at the end of Series 4, according to Catherine Tate. Catherine Tate confirmed she will not return for the 2009 specials.

Found it on this link...
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_Noble

Not sure if it is true, but if it is then it would certainly mean Donna's death is at hand...maybe...definitely...possibly...

Catherine has made it clear she was only in for one series since before the start of the series, I think. I don't know that death is a foregone conclusion, though they'd have to make it a good excuse since she plans to be with the Doctor forever! I think that was one of the heartbreaking things about Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. She just cannot comprehend how she won't still be traveling with the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:46 am

I think Rose is a goner. Dalek Caan said death for the most faithful companion. Rose was with the Doctor for the first two series and has spent the fourth series trying to get a hold of him.
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:54 pm

A little over 24 hours to go before we can all stop speculating. Although, come tomorrow, I'm speculating that we'll all be speculating about the specials and seaon 5, though that's only sheer speculation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm

neonlogo wrote:
Although, come tomorrow, I'm speculating that we'll all be speculating about the specials and seaon 5

So True
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:36 pm

I can't wait for the finale, in about 24 hours Doctor Who will have finished Sad but here in the UK it won't be so bad since we'll have the second series of Sarah Jane to take us to X-mas, but unfortunately, we won't have Torchwood to take us up to a few weeks to Doctor Who if it is going to be aired over five days.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:42 pm

jonwes wrote:
They've been foreshadowing Donna's death the way they did Rose's death at the end of Series 2. I think Donna might be a red herring - though really that probably only leaves Rose to die. Or maybe Donna dies in a way that's not totally physical. I don't know. I'm excited that I don't know!

I doubt it's Martha just because I think they have other plans for her, if I guess right.

I'm sure it's not Jack as he has Torchwood and well, he can't die, right?

I'm sure it's not Sarah Jane because she has her own spin-off as well, and in the recent DWM RTD talked about killing a character he created.

Hmmmmm.... I just hope it's done well, whoever it is.

Well, Gwen and Ianto won't be killed off, cause they're in Torchwood.

Freema has said that the door has been left open for her at the end of series 4, I have a feeling she has been asked to be in Torchwood.

It could be Jack, but he'll just come back to life and he wasn't created by Russell but by Steven Moffat, Donna's death has been foretold, as you said jonwes, throughout the series.

I don't think Rose will die since Billie said in a recent interview that she could always come back, but it may have a double-meaning since she has been able to come back in Series 4 or she could be referring to in the future.

We'll have to wait and see!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:23 pm

I can't wait anymore...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:26 am

You know what I'm loving about all this? Is that RTD and the Beeb have managed to keep this final episode under wraps so well.

In the age of the internet it's nearly impossible to avoid spoilers even when you're really trying hard to.

The suspense has been killing me and I'm loving it.

Just a few hours to go...tick...tock...tick...tock.
Back to top Go down
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: i think   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:55 am

I think the doctor will regenerate into the new doctor but the hand will become david tenant.Hate to think it but i dont doubt the key would kinda be a reset device.I also think rift will close and rose will be sent back,jack will be mortal and martha will go to torchwood.mr smith or luke will save sarah jane.maybe donna is susan<heartbeat>i think donnas stuttering bo will have read the diary and will rescue her&take her away.tardis is dying and specials will deal with that.just a guess
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 6:04 pm

timlord wrote:
I think the doctor will regenerate into the new doctor but the hand will become david tenant.Hate to think it but i dont doubt the key would kinda be a reset device.I also think rift will close and rose will be sent back,jack will be mortal and martha will go to torchwood.mr smith or luke will save sarah jane.maybe donna is susan<heartbeat>i think donnas stuttering bo will have read the diary and will rescue her&take her away.tardis is dying and specials will deal with that.just a guess

**watching in amazement as keyboard slowly melts Shocked **
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I had seen this already, and of course the british edition did NOT have a preview clip. Now that people have seen it, it sort of ruined the drama of the regeneration. :doc10: :doc10:
Back to top Go down

412: The Stolen Earth
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: