DoctorOlly
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 am

It has been reported by DigitalSpy, that Torchwood series 3 will have only 5 episodes, it sounds like it will be during a week, an episode every day (Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri)

Here's the link:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a97369/torchwood-cut-down-for-third-season.html
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 3:13 pm

It'll be difficult getting everyone to have sex with everyone else, and fit in close ups of Gwens' simpering buck toothed gurn in only five episodes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Yeah, lol! It's silly, since Torchwood has high ratings, and fills the empty void of Who-less months until Who comes on again that is.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm not thrilled about this 5-eppie deal myself. It just means more toning down of the series.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Maybe it means they'll toss out all the potential scripts that are rubbish and just make 5 great ones?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Crud. What the heck am I going to watch from now until 2010?!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm

The BBC have already tried out this format with another series just this past week (Criminal Justice) and got fairly steady ratings for the entire week so maybe it'll work but I still want it's edge to remain.
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Spotted this teaser-trailer today - it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/news/090428_series3_teaser
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Well, word now is BBCA is not chopping anything out of the Series 3 eppies that will be airing next month (the first airing getting a 75 minute timeslot following but a one hour slot for the repeat). Looks like they are making an effort but the station still has 3/4's of it's lineup with reality shows.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

So far the first two episodes have been a great romp!
Hope it comes together in the end.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:37 am

God, I have been on the edge of my seat the entire time these last two nights. Last nights episode was amazing and intense, with the whole government against them! And still they tease as to who the new members might be! Though I think they could at least bring back owen for a few more episodes, he could exist on a spiritual level, his body destroyed, but his mind still existing somehow. He could even be a baddie until he gets his mind back.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:08 pm

There's always a parallel universe too.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:12 am

Well the mini series has ended, and I can only say that I don't know of any team that has taken harder hits in such a short time than the torchwood team. Three members now dead, a fourth so distraught at the horrible decision he had to make to save the world that he leaves earth forever. . .my god. . .Can there even be a 4th season after all that?

Plot ideas for next season (spoilers):

First three or four episodes, have gwen be in charge while jack is completely out of the scene. Then have him come back at the climax of a two parter episode. Also, have Owen come back in spectral form with the weevils as his minions.
Back to top Go down
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:41 pm

@timewarrior - Next season Ideas.

I like the bit with having Gwen in charge (of what and who exactly TBD) don't really like the Owen angle. Never liked the weevils that much to begin with, and then Owen became their King or God.

Other ideas: Someone from the missing Torchwood One (or was it two?) returns but has tragically learned of the destruction of Torchwood Three, contacts Sarah Jane Smith in the hopes of reviving Torchwood. Sarah declines on a permanent joint venture, but agrees to help recruit for a new team. Using her Unit connections, and a little help from Mr. Smith She learns of Lois's Torchwood connection and talks to her.

Meanwhile some mean and nasty alien has learned that some of the Earth's guardians (Torchwood and a wounded Unit) are down, maybe for the count. This is what prompts the returned TW1 member to try reviving Torchwood.

Gwen discovers the alien plot on her own and with a reluctant Rhys tries to figure out how they can save the world, or convince Unit that what she has discovered is a real threat. Unit all but ignores her, but she is contacted by Agent Johnson...

To totally complicate matters it is discovered that the Vortex that the Hub had been containing is still functioning and causing problems. Unit is too taxed to do anything permanent about it but they do keep a lazy eye on it.
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:41 pm

More than a lazy eye will be needed I am afraid, think of the damage done to the rift by the explosion!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am

I almost prefer to think of Torchwood being over with Jack leaving Earth... and never coming back. He's moved off into space now and started calling himself the Face of Boe... the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Except he's starring in Season 4. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down   Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I know. Which I find disappointing. Kind of like the endless "return of Lana" in Smallville.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Torchwood Serie 3 Cut-Down
Page 1 of 1