0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

S13 E02 War of the Sontarans Empty
PostSubject: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Discuss!!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 6:58 am

Guff
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 3:06 pm

I LOVE the new look of the Sontarans. MAKE FIGURES OF THEM !!
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 5:29 pm

I loved the reference to the Time Warrior where the commander said Earth had been claimed by Lynx.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 8:16 pm

Beamus wrote:
I loved the reference to the Time Warrior where the commander said Earth had been claimed by Lynx.

I would say that was the high point for the episode, the second best part being the chinese food joke. For some reason, the first two episodes are just kinda 'meh' to me compared to some older stuff. I hope RTD is able to present stories that grab us like the first few seasons of NuWho did. (just my opinion)
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S13 E02 War of the Sontarans   S13 E02 War of the Sontarans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 2:27 am

Whooz wrote:
Beamus wrote:

I would say that was the high point for the episode, the second best part being the chinese food joke. For some reason, the first two episodes are just kinda 'meh' to me compared to some older stuff. I hope RTD is able to present stories that grab us like the first few seasons of NuWho did. (just my opinion)
I'd say the reference to Lynx was total fanwanking and really unnecessary. What general would remember a failed one man mission from hundreds of years ago?

The "tempura" joke came off pretty lame to me. Although it did end up being a high point of the episode.

I was trying to keep an open mind about the first episode being all setup. Now that we're into the meat of the story, it's starting to stink. This is about the worst use of the Sontarans since The Two Doctors. They're marching about and acting like idiots as if the writer knows vaguely what they're about, but didn't really do any homework on them. The only bunch with any less sense seem to be the humans. And once again a chance for the writer to over-explain the Sontaran physiology and retcon a lot of information I thought we pretty much already knew. I'm now puzzled how Strax can survive without his armour in Victorian London. Oh, the writer knows about the probic vent. How clever. He only managed to work "probic vent" into the script about 7 times more than any other appearance of my favorite potatoes.

Gosh darn it, watching this week's episode was a chore. The whole Crimean War plot was predictable and a case of everyone needing to act as stupidly as possible, only to be topped by the "current day" invasion which portrayed the Sontarans as even less competent. And then the future scenario where everyone is acting super hammy and with even less common sense.

Maybe the next 4 episodes will turn out to be super clever and redeem what I'm slowly realizing to be a pretty bad story. Or maybe the Doctor will get whisked about some more without a clue and being pretty ineffective.
Back to top Go down

S13 E02 War of the Sontarans
Page 1 of 1