Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who   Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Just saw this on Facebook, but if you live in the Chicagoland area, this Friday at 8:30pm on Lakeshore PBS (Channel 56, not WTTW) their show "The Roundtable Perspective" is all about Doctor Who and the fandom. I've seen other episodes of the program and it's basically professors and PhDs discussing issues of importance so it's pretty cool that they're looking at Doctor Who.

I believe the guest is Paul Booth, from DePaul University who runs the annual DePaul Pop Culture Conference, and has been affiliated with fandoms for years.

Might be worth checking out if you're in the area or you can tweet at them at @PNWRoundtable to see if they might do another episode in the future.

Might be neat to see what scholars and academics have to say about the show and the entire fandom scene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who   Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 3:10 pm

I see this is now available to watch on Youtube in honor of Doctor Who Day!

Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who   Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 am

I was the one who did the original branding of this show, when I came up with The Calumet Roundtable as the new name for it as part of my coursework to get my Bachelor's degree. It had a few different names before that, but no branding as such.

We tried to get Rich Koz on to discuss violence in the media, since he hosted not only Svengoolie but for awhile did intros for the Three Stooges also.

I saw this when it first broadcast a few weeks ago and honestly, I was kinda disappointed. Maybe, because I was a communications major and also because I enjoy doing interviews. It just felt, to me anyway, that so much was missed in what they could have discussed. I had professor Roach for photography and public relations when I was going to PUC. I still live just a couple blocks away.
Back to top Go down

Scholarly Discussion Show in Chicago to talk Doctor Who
Page 1 of 1