Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Cleaning Action Figures? Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Action Figures?   Cleaning Action Figures? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I noticed recently from handling them that some of my action figures have a kind of film on them. It's like a fine dust, but not. The closest texture comparison that I can think of would be a balloon.

When I rub my fingers together after handling a figure with the film on it, it's kind of like a dry slipperiness. Not squeaky, but close.

I've tried baby wipes, wiping with a cloth dipped in soapy water, and even letting an affected figure soak for over an hour in lukewarm soapy water. None of those have worked to remove the film on a figure so far, at least not completely.

All of the affected figures (that I know of) are on display on a bookcase. Several of them that sit atop the bookcase are exposed to an air vent that periodically blows air pretty much directly on them. But a few of them, such as my two Tenth Planet Cybermen, are two shelves down and have been for quite a while, and thus are not directly exposed to the air vent.

Just to clarify, the film is not visible. I can only feel it after handling an affected figure.

Any ideas as to what it is, and how to remove it?
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Cleaning Action Figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Action Figures?   Cleaning Action Figures? EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 5:44 pm

I’ve had figures from Mattel that exude a film like that, but it’s usually a faint white. If its coming out of the plastic, you basically can’t do anything about it.
Back to top Go down

Cleaning Action Figures?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Projects, Modifications, and Fan Creations :: Models and Modifications-
Jump to: