3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Ronpur here! Empty
PostSubject: Ronpur here!   Ronpur here! EmptyTue May 19, 2020 10:10 am

Hello, I hope some of you remember me!  I hope everyone is staying safe in these strange times.  Sometimes, I feel like we are living in a Doctor Who episode!  

I have been well, out of work for 6 weeks, a time that I spent building models and watching TV.  I have been concentrating more on real space models.  I have a Fcebook page called "Model Astronut" that I post them on.  (I am nuts about space models, hence the title.) Back to work now, with mask on.

Last year was a great year for 90% of it.  I attended several launches and events at Kennedy Space Center, and gotten to know several people who work there and a few astronauts.  The 50th Anniversary events for Apollo have been fun, but Apollo 13 got cancelled because of Covid.

But the last 10% of last year and since then has been hard.  My brother in law was killed in an auto accident two days before Christmas on his way home from work at Orlando International. It has been a hard time for my brother, they had been together for 25 years. And I was quite close to him, with our shared loved of NASA, aviation and science fiction.

But we try to keep going, and with every launch I watch (online now) I remember the fun we had.

I hope every one is doing good, and some of the old guard are still around. I will try to be around more.  I miss the fun we had here.

Ron

Ronpur
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Ronpur here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronpur here!   Ronpur here! EmptyTue May 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Howdy, Ronpur! Nice to hear from you again and hope you have time to upload some more rocket pics in your custom model thread. Sorry to hear about your family. Stay safe in Florida, I hear it's wild down there.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Ronpur here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronpur here!   Ronpur here! EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Yep, it is wild and stupid. It has been a while since I have customized a figure. Too busy building rockets! I am so excited to see the figures for the UNIT team! I have dreamed of a Benton and Yates figure for a long time! The Romanas and Sarah Jane are pretty awesome too. LOL
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Ronpur here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronpur here!   Ronpur here! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Happy Birthday RP! cheers
Back to top Go down

Ronpur here!
Page 1 of 1