Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters

Rate Fugitive of the Judoon
Oh BRILLIANT!!!
S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_lcap0%S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Great!
S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_lcap17%S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Good...
S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_lcap50%S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Bad!
S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_lcap17%S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!!!
S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_lcap16%S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 11:20 am

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:02 am

If Jodie Doc dies soon and Regens into Doc Ruth I would be ALL IN.She was better as the Doc in 10 minutes than Jodie’s 10 plus episodes.Her Tardis was great too.I doubt Chibnal will work this all out in a favorable way though.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 9:01 pm

I personally prefer the Doctor landing in the middle of trouble and righting wrongs. Episodes focusing on the Doctor's past and history so often go terribly wrong.

Cartmel Master Plan with the Doctor as one of The Three with Rassilon and Omega? I'll take a pass. There's really no fun if the Doctor is one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Where's the danger?

"I'm half human, on my mother's side". It's been easily forgotten. Probably because the focus of the show has rarely been to solve the mystery of the Doctor.

Perhaps this twist that that Doctor has had a whole other life will prove to be as brilliant as "regeneration". I'll wait to pass judgement.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 9:25 pm

You know the more I think about it,I feel Doc Ruth is from an Alternate Universe and she is the First Doc of that Universe. Still works for me.

The only thing that don’t work for me is if she is pre Hartnell
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm

I believe the BBC press and production office is currently stating that this is a "past Doctor" and not any kind of fake or alternative universe Doctor. They're just coming right out and saying that this is a past "Doctor" and that all the craziest fan theories are not correct.

Whether it turns out to be pre-Hartnell or slipped in like the War Doctor has yet to be fully revealed.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Then it’s just more crap. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm

I can't imagine where'd they'd shoehorn her in.  We've now seen every regeneration.  She can't be before Hartnell, because we've now seen him steal the TARDIS for the first time, and we know it got stuck as a police box in 1963...while he WAS Hartnell.

So you got me.  She MUST be some alternate universe Doctor...like the Big Finish "Unbound" series Doctors.

Otherwise, I say "bullcrap."

(I DO like her, though...)
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm

The other "manhunter" Gallifreyan that hired the Judoon was unaware of the two times Gallifrey was destroyed. Or was lying and it was just a terribly assembled bit of television. But assuming the other Gallifreyan didn't know about the Time War or the Master's most recent genocide, then that puts those two definitely in Gallifrey's past.

How long has this other past Doctor been around on Earth after going through the Chameleon arch? Presumably a few years given the romantic rivalry at the coffee shop/bakery. The claim of moving to Gloucester in 1999 could be accurate which raises all kinds of questions of why Dalek invasions or other shenanigans didn't trigger this Doctor for the past 20 years. Especially since this Doctor and keeper have no idea that a future Doctor would be around to protect Earth.

The word is that "parallel universe" Doctor is definitely not going to happen. It's looking more and more like a pre-Hartnell version which would indeed play havoc with the show's history. The 10th Doctor hand coming back and regenerating again? An established Doctor regenerated between televised stories and then unregenerated back again? It will be tough to fit this new Doctor in anywhere post-Harntell.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Maybe she’s not The Doctor at all.Maybe she’s another Master.Or maybe,just maybe she’s Susan!!!(I’d be down for that)

I’ve gone cross eyed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 4:33 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I can't imagine where'd they'd shoehorn her in.  We've now seen every regeneration.  

Well, technically, we haven't seen every regeneration. We never saw the 2nd Doctor regenerate into the 3rd Doctor.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Well...he fell out of the TARDIS wearing his clothes...so I'm assuming...
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)   S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Maybe Doctor Ruth was wearing the 2nd Doctor's outfit for a final Season 6B mission for the Time Lords?
Back to top Go down

S12 E05: Fugitive of the Judoon (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1