Whooz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Trial Blu Release rumor Empty
PostSubject: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Interesting tid-bit posted to a group I belong to. They had mentioned a possible season 26 set earlier as well.

Trial Blu Release rumor Trial_10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm

You know what, there is something about all four parts of Trial that I really like. Not sure if any one if them is the "Best of Colin Baker", but I like them all. Maybe even Ultimate Foe the best of the bunch. I enjoyed the DVD release so much I'm not sure how things could be improved. The "making of" feature is already really good for this season.

I'm still working on Tom Baker's final season and enjoying that one. I think I'd be happy with just about any season on Blu-Ray right now.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Seems odd that Mark Strickson has recorded extras, since he wasn't even on the show during Colin's tenure.

Maybe they got him for some kind of "JN-T era" retrospective feature, rather than something related to season 23 or the cancellation?
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm

amckinney wrote:
Seems odd that Mark Strickson has recorded extras, since he wasn't even on the show during Colin's tenure.

Maybe they got him for some kind of "JN-T era" retrospective feature, rather than something related to season 23 or the cancellation?

Probably a Behind the Sofa bit. They have so many people not even remotely connected to the stories on some of them.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
psibob
psibob

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 12:53 pm

And how late into next year will the Region 1 version be released, I shutter to think.  Judging by the delay in the Series 10 release timespan, I am guessing January, if we're lucky.  Why suddenly are there long delays in the Blu ray releases.  The first three were close together so why the change?
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 1:50 pm

So for some reason my phone won't send a photo of the Cover for this season but if you would like to see it they have it on Blu-ray.com forum under Doctor who season 23. I like the cover and look forward to the season:)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Trial Blu Release rumor Colin10

With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:

Extended edits – of all fourteen episodes
Terror of the Vervoids – four-part standalone edition with updated Fx
Immersive 5.1 surround sound & isolated scores – on all 14 broadcast episodes
Behind the Sofa – new episodes with Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Bonnie Langford, Mark Strickson, Frazer Hines and Matthew Waterhouse
The Writers’ Room – Eric Saward, Philip Martin, Christopher H Bidmead & Waly K Daly discuss the ‘Lost’ Season 23
The Doctor Who Cookbook Revisited – brave cast members tackle their original recipes from the 1980s official cookbook
The Doctor’s Table – join Colin Baker and friends for dinner
In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to companion Bonnie Langford
Unseen studio footage
Rare archive treats
Convention footage
Blu-ray trailer
HD photo galleries
Scripts, costume designs & more in the PDF Archive

The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.

DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION – SEASON 23 stars Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and Bonnie Langford with Michael Jayston and Lynda Bellingham. Guest appearances include Anthony Ainley, Nalbil Shaban, Joan Sims, Christopher Ryan, Michael Craig, Honor Blackman, Tony Selby and Geoffrey Hughes.

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Wow, that looks like a whole lot of good bonus features. Extended versions of all the episodes? I guess they managed it along with filling in music for all the additional footage. This must have been an editing nightmare.

Good for the BBC getting such a good Blu-Ray release put together. Now if only it could be released on time here in North America! Don't know why Pertwee is getting delayed so long, but hopefully they can get back on track. After watching that new trailer I want to watch these stories now and not wait a year.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am

It seems like more and more things are getting weirder with the Region 1 releases. Does the BBC see us as a lost cause? Pertwee is going to take so long to get released that the Colin Baker set will probably come out in a few years from now.
Still waiting for the Region 1 "Enemy of the World." Even though I've bought the Region 2 release -- out of pure frustration -- I used to think I'd still get the Region 1 "Enemy" just to at least give it a "dollar vote", to say yes we still want these! Now I'm not so sure ... I don't think they care anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 7:39 am

I've been wondering how successful these sets are for them. Feels like the early days of the DVDs again.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
TrixieTiger1995
TrixieTiger1995

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Apparently the delay for the Pertwee and C. Baker sets is due to replication issues. S18 was hit hard with them so they're taking precautions.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I'm willing to wait to avoid the replication errors, when they finally release , day one purchases for me:) if only some millionaire had donated the funds to CG a Blue outfit over the top of that Rainbow nightmare JNT thought would be a good idea lol.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Winter wrote:
I'm willing to wait to avoid the replication errors, when they finally release , day one purchases for me:) if only some millionaire had donated the funds to CG a Blue outfit over the top of that Rainbow nightmare JNT thought would be a good idea lol.

If I won the Powerball and it was a big enough prize, I would pay for the blu-ray release of Deep Space Nine, and I would actually hire Avery Brooks to record commentaries. (Yeah, I know this isn't even remotely Who related, but it is a dream I have. Plus the BBC has gotten way too much money out of me already with all the dipping into the Doctor Who video release well over the past couple of decades.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:55 pm

Whooz wrote:
If I won the Powerball and it was a big enough prize, I would pay for the blu-ray release of Deep Space Nine.[/quote]. I would gladly purchase Deep space nine on Blu-ray, I rank StarTrek: 1. The Original Series, 2. Deep Space Nine, 3. Enterprise, 4. The Next Generation, 5. Discovery 6. Robert Picardo .... I actually refrained from The Next Generation Blu-rays so I could afford the Deep space set, then Next Generation didn't sell well enough so they skipped the Deep Space Nine lol, guess I should have invested back then.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm

I just watched the Special Edition of Terror of the Vervoids, and I gotta say it was awesome! The new effects were great, the new credits sequences are stunning, and the story without all the interruptions had a much better flow...as you would expect.

If only The Mysterious Planet and Mindwarp would have/would have been done this way too.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm working my way towards "Vervoids".  Need to finish "Macra Terror" before moving on to Colin Baker.

"Mysterious Planet" could be edited without the trial scenes, but not sure if "Mindwarp" would conclude in any satisfactory way.  The Doctor vanishes and then you jump to a choice of endings where something horrible happens to Peri (blasted or married to Brian Blessed).

But I've always thought that Colin Baker deserved a proper 21st Century send-off on TV.  Wouldn't mind allowing the "time war" to re-write history and Six+Mel can cross their own time path and have a chance to resolve "Mindwarp" properly before regenerating.  Something to fill an off-year for the series.  I know Big Finish has a final "6th Doctor" story that's on my pile for listening, but the time war can be an excuse to do whatever a producer wants.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 pm

So, did anyone else notice the baby XENOMORPH in a glass cylinder which Colin baker picks up in the 5th episode of Trial of a timelord...it is a slightly brownish color but is an exact replica of a H.R. Giger's Alien. It is awesome. And a bit fun to know that the Who universe is also plagued by these killer aliens:)
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Winter wrote:
So, did anyone else notice the baby XENOMORPH in a glass cylinder which Colin baker picks up in the 5th episode of Trial of a timelord...it is a slightly brownish color but is an exact replica of a H.R. Giger's Alien. It is awesome. And a bit fun to know that the Who universe is also plagued by these killer aliens:)

I noticed that on broadcast. Good catch Winter!

Now, if that season 26 would come down to a reasonable price before release and the inevitable selling out.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 9:10 pm

I recently saw a picture of Bonnie Langford and her daughter, Im not sure if her daughter can act but if you dyed her hair red and curled it, she could play Mel in a future episode of Doctor Who ( * A later version of the Doctor, once they quit their silliness with the Woke Agendas) also would love to see Sean Pertwee and Harry Melling in future episodes as the Doctor:)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Finished watching the set, the cookbook recipies look great...now I'm going to have to hunt down an 80's copy to own as I want to try most of them:) made it through the whole season in color and the alternate cuts... really enjoyed Colin and still hate the coat something fierce. Doctor's 1-4 really got to choose their take on the Doctor while 5 got stuck with the silly collar with question marks and 6 got stuck with J.N.T's Dream outfit had he himself been the Doctor...7 was stuck with the silly sweater with ???'s as well...still gonna paint the cover's outfit blue lol.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 11:34 pm

I have a copy of that book. I might even have a digital copy, will need to have a look around.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 8:06 am

Whooz wrote:
I have a copy of that book. I might even have a digital copy, will need to have a look around.
cool, have you a favorite recipe from the book? I intend to try cooking the half dozen recipes they filmed on the bonus disc. All of them looked pretty great, even Patrick's basic soup looked great:)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Trial Blu Release rumor   Trial Blu Release rumor EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 am

TrixieTiger1995 wrote:
Apparently the delay for the Pertwee and C. Baker sets is due to replication issues. S18 was hit hard with them so they're taking precautions.
I will say on my Colin Baker set that there were 2 episodes that when I started them, they were silent. I then hit the skip back button to restart the episode and it did fine without further problems. I'm running a Samsung 4K player though and it may run fine on a Blu-ray player. I have a copy of Humphrey Bogart's film, "Key Largo" that does the same thing and it's a DVD which I don't recall being silent when I had my Blu-ray player so it might be my player. Have to have others confirm the glitch...if any is actually present:)
Back to top Go down

Trial Blu Release rumor
Page 1 of 1