Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)

Go down 
5 posters

What did you think of the episode"
AWESOME!!
S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap15%S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Great!
S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap31%S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Okay..
S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap31%S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Bad
S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap23%S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
AWFUL!!
S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Comment on the second episode of Series 11

Last edited by SeaDevil on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I added the trailer...Sea, Admin)
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:10 pm

The episode didn't try to be any more clever than it had to. The cigar was telegraphed early on and there was no mystery that the TARDIS would be the monument at the end. The companions all behaved pretty well and you knew the two competitors were going to somehow make it through. Despite a fairly standard plot everyone got a chance to interact and develop a bit. We all knew how it would turn out and there were no pretenses about it.

Only real downsides were that the "toothy-faced" guys appear to developing into a series-long set of villains and I really don't think they're that interesting. And some horrible mumbo-jumbo about an abandoned baby who is more than what they seem. I was pretty well done with secret origins of the Doctor long ago. I'm more interested in the future than messing about in the past that's been conveniently forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Another sub par Doctor Who episode which would've made for an ok Torchwood episode.

This outfit she's wearing has to go now!Watching her flop around running in those boots,weird pants and raincoat on the desert planet was laughable.

The companions are still a plus.

Finally an opening sequence and it was pretty good.

And the Tardis helped bump this episode from a 2 to a 4 out of 10.

I'm not 100% loving the new Tardis interior compared to the last version which was amazing! It doesn't suck but it's still way better than the first Matt Smith version which helps.I like the main console with food replicator.Maybe get some fish and chips next time.

These writers are making me feel like I could write the next War and Peace compared to this drivel they are pumping out.

Next!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 8:06 pm

"The Ghost Monument" is the dullest Hunger Games.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 10:05 pm

A somewhat light character piece. Had a sort of classic Who feel to it. Like Keys to Marinus condensed into a single episode, with a mix of Five/Six era one-off characters with character. Jodie has a sort of Five-by-way-of-Eight-and-Nine feel that I very much like. Admittedly the plot was paint by numbers and maybe could have used a good twist or mystery. But we got a lot of great little moments, if Yaz seems a little short changed yet again. Based on the preview, I hope she gets something more to do next episode.

Love the opening credits. A very classic feel to the theme music and the design.

Don't immediately groove to the new TARDIS - I don't like the full dimensions of the police box stuck onto the front of console room. It sort of breaks the illusion of bigger on the inside.  I much more like the facade leading right into the console room.

Not sure I get the complaint above about her costume. I thought it looked great here and it's no more incongruous then Five running around the desert in Planet of Fire.

As for the Stenza being the big bad, I must admit the dangling fruit of the guy's sister being in suspended animation from the premiere lead to believe we were getting more. Hopefully, though, we have more soft hints and nothing so overt.

When Angstrom started talking about her planet, I was vaguely hoping she'd turn out to be a Red Kang, with that mention of decaying high rises.

Now, let's just hope they don't botch this Rosa Parks episode next week. Because there's a lot of potential to go wrong there.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)   S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 pm

I thought this one was very good too.
Back to top Go down

S11E02: The Ghost Monument (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1