Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rogue

Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Yeah I'm not sold on that new sonic design... with its unfortunately-curved end Laughing Embarassed

Are they changing the console room again?? I've avoided set pics and spoilers so I don't know if it's been revealed already. I really liked 12's console room, with the bookcases added in to how it started with 11. It would have been nice to see that design stay and evolve a little, rather than being scrapped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6572
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 pm

I suppose the new producer, like most all of those before him, want all their own stuff.

*shrug*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 pm

It seemed to me like the TARDIS was blowing up again at the end of the last episode, Seems like Time lords combust when they regenerate and destroy the room they are standing in. Except for 9th to 10th.

I liked the current console room. Considering its supposed to be an "outdated type 40 TT capsule" and not a state of the art TT capsule
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 am

I saw this Twitter post:

"There will be a 5.5" 13th Doctor Action Figure from @seven20life exclusive to Toot's Toys. More details to follow..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Rogue wrote:
Yeah I'm not sold on that new sonic design... with its unfortunately-curved end Laughing Embarassed

Are they changing the console room again??  I've avoided set pics and spoilers so I don't know if it's been revealed already.  I really liked 12's console room, with the bookcases added in to how it started with 11.  It would have been nice to see that design stay and evolve a little, rather than being scrapped.
they had a video of Capaldi's tardis set dismantled on a extras section of one of the Blu-ray discs so I would assume all new Tardis interior. As for the sonic, yeah that's a little awkward... There is no way possible that the design of that sonic wasn't inspired by something else entirely. I would comment on what I think the motivation was but instead I will hope a female will spotlight that in a journalist's article on a respectable news site. Don't dig the design at all. Far to many coincidences with all of the purely innocent happy accidents that are "specifically representative".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:38 pm

I suppose the Tardis interior needs a Woman's touch? Can't be worse than Matt Smith's first version can it? Yikes

And the new sonic is curved so she can get to those hard to reach areas now. Those Time Lords think of everything don't they.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:
I suppose the Tardis interior needs a Woman's touch? Can't be worse than Matt Smith's first version can it? Yikes

And the new sonic is curved so she can get to those hard to reach areas now. Those Time Lords think of everything don't they.
... really? I thought it was better then Eccleston/Tennant's interior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Winter wrote:
Brain of Davros wrote:

... really? I thought it was better then Eccleston/Tennant's interior.

Matt's second version was waaaaaaay better than the Tennant/Ecc version.Even the War Doctor had a better version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amckinney

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
It seemed to me like the TARDIS was blowing up again at the end of the last episode, Seems like Time lords combust when they regenerate and destroy the room they are standing in.  Except for 9th to 10th.

And also except for the entire run of the classic series....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:34 am

A 'woman's sonic', a 'woman's TARDIS', this talk is ridiculous Rolling Eyes
Reminds me of this classic bit with Tom...

Last edited by Ben C. on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:49 pm

I'll wager he's right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:42 pm

As long as we get a 5.5 I will be content. Throw in a 3.75 and I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1418
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:56 am

Finally opened up my 12" figure and the Titan Vinyl and Kawaii Titan.

Kawaii Titan is cool, but her head is a little heavy for the body, so you have to have it turned at an angle to get her to stand. She towers over the previous Kawaii Titans, so I do hope she will be pleased in the 3" size. Great figure, if the Kawaii nature of it means it doesn't look much like Jodie.

The regular 6" Titan is a fantastic figure. Great sculpt, the face is an eerily close one to Jodie. Great figure, really stands out on the bookshelf. The only one in the 6" range that I own, but it's making me want more.

The 12" figure is wonderful. Great likeness and I love the physical clothes. She looks really smashing sitting on my bookshelf infront of my TARDIS and sitting over my Big Finish audios. (I always have the "current" doctor sitting/standing here.) Ready to roll up her jacket sleeves like in that recent promo pic, https://twitter.com/BBCAMERICA/status/1045714485821034496

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aykfpod.com
doc272

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Is whona getting this figure the 5.5 figure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1418
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO   Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Picked up the NYCC Titan Vinyl TARDIS and Post-Regeneration Kawaii Thirteenth Doctor. Really neat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aykfpod.com

13th Doctor figures announcement - Funko, Titan and CO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: