Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Winter

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Wed May 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Wed May 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 pm

I have 3 theatres near me that will be showing this at 7:00 p.m.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I hope they release a Blu-ray of Genesis of the Daleks separately from the season set just so I can have the variant cover which looks cooler, or at least a poster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2233
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Thu May 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Aren't those animated Daleks from "Power of the Daleks" promos last year? Or some other CGI version? The images in the Genesis poster look really clean compared to the Daleks that actually appear in the episode. Maybe it's just my eyes. If anything, cleaning up to HD should magnify the dodgy paintwork the old props received rather than making them look more sleek and clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 pm

squishy wrote:
Aren't those animated Daleks from "Power of the Daleks" promos last year?  Or some other CGI version?  The images in the Genesis poster look really clean compared to the Daleks that actually appear in the episode.  Maybe it's just my eyes.  If anything, cleaning up to HD should magnify the dodgy paintwork the old props received rather than making them look more sleek and clean.
I don't know, I wouldn't think they would use animated Daleks on the front cover for an episode entirely devoid of animation but from the quality of the picture I honestly can't tell. As for any extra detail or slight increase of quality in the image I for one would love it even if I could see crappy paint marks or scotch tape or really anything I previously haven't seen... Unfortunately we will never get truly HD classic Who until some one invents time travel but I will take what I can get. I love my HD version of The wizard of Oz which shows painted rivets on the tin mans face and burlap texture on the scarcrow's face, I love my classic Star trek that brings out coffee stains and fresh liquid spills on costumes and other rescanned shows with evidences of the odd occasional hidden wire or blatantly just glued this sheet of printer paper with a fake cereal brand on to a box of Rice Krispies and fake beer brand on a can of coca cola. It's all part of history and is a little treasure trove of flaws to fall in love with:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Just bought my ticket for next month and the whole auditorium aside from the front row is sold out!!! I got the last back row seat just slightly off center:) this bodes well for future showings as last time only one Missouri theatre had a doctor who episode... Now there are 3 theatres showing doctor who within an hour of me... Quite great. Maybe the collected bluray range will sell well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks   Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 pm

After having viewed this in theaters, I went home and watched Genesis on my flat screen. While I know this isn't HD by any means, I can honestly say that parts looked noticably better than the dvd version. Home media tends to look better than theater showings and knowing this makes me very excited for the season release:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tom baker Genesis of the Daleks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: