Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6505
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm

from the press release...

Recovered and restored – a classic Patrick Troughton adventure!

The TARDIS lands on an Australian beach in the 21st century. But this is no seaside holiday – within minutes, the Doctor, Jamie and Victoria are under attack. They soon discover that the Doctor bears a startling resemblance to Leader Salamander, a would-be dictator intent on world domination. Before long, the Doctor and his companions are plunged into a dangerous game of intrigue and deceit as they face off against the enemy of the world…

BONUS CONTENT

◾Remastered episodes
Even though all episodes were restored in 2013 for the previous DVD release, Peter Crocker from the Restoration Team is using advances in technology since then to go over each one with a fine tooth comb to ensure they are now presented in the best possible quality for this special edition.

◾“Treasures Lost and Found” – produced by Ed Stradling.
With so much information now available about every Doctor Who serial, it’s not easy to learn anything new, so Toby Hadoke embarks on an exciting treasure hunt to find out all he can about the production. Along the way he’ll interview some of the cast and crew including Frazer Hines, Mary Peach and David Troughton – who made his first TV appearance in this serial as an extra.

◾“Recovering the Past – The Search for The Enemy of the World” – produced by Paul Vanezis.
A brand new interview with the episode hunter Philip Morris, we hear how he tracked down the last surviving film copy of the serial to a dusty room in the African desert.

◾“Remembering Deborah Watling” – produced by Cameron McEwan.
Family, friends and colleagues pay tribute to Debbie Watling who played Victoria Waterfield, companion to Patrick Troughton’s doctor.

◾Audio commentaries on all six episodes produced by John Kelly.
Contributors include Frazer Hines, Mary Peach, Gordon Faith, Milton Johns and Sylvia James. Moderator is Simon Harries.

◾Production subtitles on all six episodes written by Martin Wiggins.
◾Photo gallery produced by Derek Handley.
◾Scripts of all six episodes as PDFs.

Its getting a March 9th release in the UK, so given how Shada got pushed off until September for us Americans...who knows when it'll be released over here.

Christmas maybe?   Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Grr!  I picked up this and Web of Fear somewhat recently. I knew they were going to do this, and I bought it anyway. I should have waited.

I'll bet they're going to animate the missing episode from Web of Fear and re-release that as well.  (Or extort the thief who stole episode 3 and release the story complete Wink)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Rogue wrote:
Grr!  I picked up this and Web of Fear somewhat recently.  I knew they were going to do this, and I bought it anyway.  I should have waited.

I'll bet they're going to animate the missing episode from Web of Fear and re-release that as well.  (Or extort the thief who stole episode 3 and release the story complete Wink)
I hate to think about it, but I would bet my bottom dollar that the thief that ran off with episode 3 did so thinking the films contained something vastly Important and then viewed it and trashed it out of spite. Or the douche bag hates people who love sci-fi and thought how funny it would be to rob all of fandom of a national treasure such as Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:33 pm

I got frustrated with the ZERO news/information about a Region 1 release and got the Region 2 from Am@zon UK. It was TOTALLY worth it.
It's really maddening how there's been no information on North America. I mean, at least the new Shada is being released but it's like what, 9, 10 months after the Region 2 release?

I'll get a Region 1 Enemy IF it ever comes out, if only to give a dollar vote. But it's really frustrating. Anyone know what's up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1169
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:10 pm

I watched the extras DVD last Tuesday morning after work. Interesting interview with Phil Morris. I need to watch the story again when I get some time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6505
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Still not a peep on a North American release of this. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Still not a peep on a North American release of this.  Rolling Eyes

Have Keith or Jany said anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1169
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 am

Still have not gotten around to watching the actual story. Been on vacation but have not seen it listed on line any where in North America
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5707
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD   Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:30 pm

No news at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.forumotion.com

Enemy of the World Special Edition DVD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Home Media & Multimedia-
Jump to: