Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

New SHADA re-release!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9600
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Who North America wrote:

The ending is a newly filmed piece that will remain spoiler-free in this review, but it was a nice surprise addition.

Yes, THIS^ was AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm confused about this. I've seen and heard that some people have this new Shada on blu-ray. Is it coming out on blu-ray in North America in September, or just DVD?

Are the blu-rays I'm hearing about just imports from the UK?

What's on the 'exclusive blu-ray bonus disc' that the UK blu-ray supposedly has? Will that content be available in our (US) region?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6505
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 pm

As far as I know, North America is just getting the DVD...nine months after the UK release.   Rolling Eyes

All the Blu-ray talk is about the UK release.

The third disc is the Tom Baker hosted reconstruction which was on the VHS and the original DVD.

SO...just to review...UK fans have had this since before Christmas, got a Blu-ray release and a special edition with a bonus disc, and we in North America get screwed all the way around by having to wait forever and not even getting all the goodies when we do get it.

That's how it is now.

Classic titles are allowed to go out of print and we have to sit and wait for new releases like this one and the special edition of The Enemy of the World...which STILL has no NA release date.

North American fans don't matter to BBC Worldwide anymore, apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1169
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Fri May 25, 2018 12:22 am

I have received the Blue Ray a month or so back from the UK, I have the two disc version but have yet to watch it, I refused to pay for the 3 DVD set as it was just to expensive for one more "exclusive" DVD with content on it.

And its not episodic does not make me happy either. But Ill get around to watching it sooner or later.

Privately I think they are holding out on a North American release until they do a full Season 17 release but I have no evidence to support this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
As far as I know, North America is just getting the DVD...nine months after the UK release.   Rolling Eyes

All the Blu-ray talk is about the UK release.

The third disc is the Tom Baker hosted reconstruction which was on the VHS and the original DVD.

SO...just to review...UK fans have had this since before Christmas, got a Blu-ray release and a special edition with a bonus disc, and we in North America get screwed all the way around by having to wait forever and not even getting all the goodies when we do get it.

That's how it is now.

Classic titles are allowed to go out of print and we have to sit and wait for new releases like this one and the special edition of The Enemy of the World...which STILL has no NA release date.

North American fans don't matter to BBC Worldwide anymore, apparently.

Ah, thanks for the info!  That makes sense of things for me.  I won't be too fussed about the 3rd disc as I already have the old DVD for the reconstruction.  It's a pity if we don't get the blu-ray, but I'm not risking buying a "region free" disc and hoping it will play in my player.  I guess I'll just stick with the plain DVD when it comes out.

Not having the bonus features on our versions of "Enemy of the World" (and probably "Web of Fear") really annoys me though!  It's really a shame classic Who DVDs have gotten WORSE in North America, given how fandom has grown in the last few years.  I guess all they care about is the new stuff and double-dipping us with box sets (like holding back on the Season 10 deleted scenes and making them exclusive to the Capaldi box set).
You know, when they did that with Matt Smith's seasons (making things like "The FiveIsh Doctors exclusive to a $80 box set), it almost prevented me from buying ANY of Capaldi's seasons and wait for a box set for him. I wish I'd done that now! I'm doing it for Whitaker's though... IF I end up buying anything from the upcoming era.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Now Shada in the USA is delayed til Nov. 6. What the heck is up with that??? They've already shown it on BBC America, why yet ANOTHER delay? We were on track getting the DVDs for so long, now UK gets them and it takes us a year to get 'em Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Winter

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:09 pm

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Now Shada in the USA is delayed til Nov. 6.  What the heck is up with that???  They've already shown it on BBC America, why yet ANOTHER delay?  We were on track getting the DVDs for so long, now UK gets them and it takes us a year to get 'em Sad
I purchased the U.K. version and It plays on my U.S. 4K player. As does the 8th doctor movie Blu-ray. I would ask around the site and see if a normal U S. Blu-ray player works for others who have purchased the U.K discs and just buy them instead.. If nothing else for the nice little inserts, the duel covers, and the thicker more sturdy case:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New SHADA re-release!!!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:23 pm

I've read countless reviews about the Blu ray it doesn't work on 85% of the USA blu ray players. And i like my classic Dr. Who on DVD, as i rather watch full screen. Blu rays you have to watch in a black square.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/

New SHADA re-release!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Home Media & Multimedia-
Jump to: