Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?

Go down 
+26
Indiana_Brian
Homshabom99
Rogue
Winter
doc272
Just Scott
mysterylad
Arlecchino
stanlow
Thun
AJinHarlan
tboneterry2
Scary
Bob1963
Invisible Supreme
Cruel Angel
Evil Monkey Pope
squishy
Krynoid
Ted47
Whooz
mattmanw54301
Ronpur
Ben C.
SeaDevil
thebreen
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 pm

I think it's only the first episode of the new season that will be 60 minutes. Then the rest are 50 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

And that is assuming every episode actually runs to 50 minutes. I am betting its a 50 minute time slot and we will have shows that run between 42 and 46 minutes any way.

Still with only 10 episodes its not much of a season, blink and you will miss it.

I have come to realize that I get more Doctor Who over the past 20 years from Big Finish than I do from the BBC.

Looked at the radio log I keep for my Big Finish listening ( I know that's silly but when I restarted listening to BF again in June 2012 after a five year gap I started to keep a diary listing the date of every BF production I listen to).

I average 43 weeks of first run Doctor Who from Big Finish while 11 weeks from the BBC In an attempt at continuity I listen and watch at the same time every week (Saturday for BBC-TV) and late Sunday evening early Monday morning for Big Finish.

Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 pm

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Screen12 last years overnight was 5.8 million for the Christmas episode, It was also the least watched of all the Christmas episodes...Twice upon a time looks to be a contender for the least viewed doctor who Christmas special ever. I'll wait a couple of weeks and see the final viewing numbers but perhaps this Jodie led Doctor Era isn't as well received as the media is letting on. I feel a regeneration of the wilderness years coming round again😕
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:06 pm

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Screen11 here are my predictions for final viewing numbers for next season from earlier in the thread.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 am

This past season's viewing figures weren't that great anyhow, with only "The Pilot" even going over 6 million UK viewers...and there hasn't been a regular season episode over 7 million UK since "Death in Heaven" back in 2014.

So...viewership has been going down over the last few years anyhow...
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 10:09 pm

It doesn't help that they keep pushing the show back a year, or from throwing in a year and a half delay between seasons.  We should be watching Series 12 this year, but instead we just broke into Series 10.  Of course that all started with Tennant's "off" year of specials. I don't think it helps when there isn't a regularity to the show.

I'd say they need new blood running the show more often. No more JNTs or Moffats.  A Doctor shouldn't leave because the producer left.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Read that Rose Tyler might be dropping in on the 13th Doctor... Due to an unusual Text left by the actress. Might would catch the episode for her alone but still against female Doctor...
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: New logo   The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 pm

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Img_2012
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

I actually Love the new Logo, and they have a short teaser of the TARDIS flying (I Think thats what it is ) with the Logo and some space CGI that actually looks amazing and otherworldly. The music or sounds in the background are truly alien and gets me excited, now if only Jodie was Romana 3 instead of the doctor😕
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm

I like the new logo its the only positive thing about the new series that I like so far
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Funny how the female symbol is snuck into the title. Its in the H and O of Who.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Did not notice this to be honest
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Do you mean you've found the ♀ symbol by rotating the O and connecting it with part of the H? It could be a hidden symbol or just an accident. I'm sure we'll find out in 10 years when DWM interviews the graphics designer for the real story.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 am

A spoiler about a returning character has shown up.  
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Ive noticed that a certain Site on Doctor Who keeps deleting every negative comment about Jodie's Doctor... Makes me wonder how truly popular the 13th Doctor as an idea is. (Not this site, this site is Fantastic! As the 9th doctor would say:)
Just returned to that same site and noticed that they deleted all the comments on a D.W. magazine solicitation for the newest issue... The individual who deleted the comments complained about the free speech of people disliking the casting choice, shortly thereafter they deleted their rant and left comments closed to the public. Best not have an opinion that isn't, oh ahh great! Totally love it! I find it strange that their is a lack of acceptance that this is a risky casting choice, sure the majority of people are probably going to tune in but even Steven Moffat said on the san diego comicon panel that nobody had a problem with a female doctor and the news was reporting false negative reports... I would love to find a negative report, they don't seem to stay posted for long... And apparently i'm nobody LoL, as i'm still not keen on it despite throwing in hints throughout the new series that time lords can switch gender. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Trailer for season 11 is out on JUNE 18TH after the game (England's World Cup match) info lifted from Philip Morris Twitter account.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

I find it extremely odd that season 11 has been offered on pre-order before it actually airs...The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Img_2014
The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 Img_2015
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Teaser for the new series now up.  
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 pm

New Doctor... Ear rings, Fanny Pack, Rainbow..., Now an official purse replica for sale... Totally out of character even if the past 13 incarnations had different personalities, this is definitely a different animal. How many female youths are really gonna make it a point to tune in to this show every week? I've been to 4 Doctor who forums and all are predominantly male. Disney put out tons of princess films couldn't aquire a male audience until they bought out Marvel. How many girls or even guys wanna watch Cinderella star as Bruce Willis character in Die-hard? Or Jasmin play the lead in Saw? Maybe Snow White as Samuel Jackson's character in pulp fiction...O.K. admittedly I might watch that... The real Question is am I sexiest or do I hold to consistent Character development? If the Doctor encounters a problem does he pull out a Glock and kill everyone in the room? No that would be out of character. Would anyone watching any of the first 13 Doctors (I'm including the War doctor) see this man switching gender? George Michael, Elton John, and Freddie Mercury all had tells. And anyone can see they would be totally true to character changing themselves to a chick if they could regenerate...Not Hartnell...Nope. not Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, or Davison... Aside from a questionable choice of outfit by JNT which Colin didn't like as he wanted something closer to the 9th doctors clothes, there is zero indication as to why the Doctor would want to Transition... Maybe someone could chime in on some clues in episodes that went over my head as to how this makes sense for the Doctor's Character development? Is he going to start liking men now? How much of current male fandom will stick around for that thought? Is he/she going to chase female love interests? Is this still predominantly classified as a kids show? Am I being archaic and closed minded?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 pm

It had been stated in the past that the change in the Doctor from persona to persona is a "pot luck" so I don't see it as "transitioning" in that sense.  No Doctor persona, or even with the Master's regenerations, were chosen at will.  No conscious decision was ever made by either of them.  They just simply...changed...to whatever form that brought them.

The new Doctor, whoever that was, was just who they were in whatever new form they took...and that's all.

...and largely, the Doctor does not pursue love interests.  They seem to usually pursue him, or now her.

Winter wrote:
Am I being archaic and closed minded?

That's up to you to decide.  I'm personally keeping an open mind to see where the program goes.

Change is a big part of the show...   Wink
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm just hoping the new Doctor doesn't have time-related super speed powers like the Flash! Able to grab your newspaper out of your hand and able to swap it with "The Beano". Fantastic new powers that would have saved the Doctor from any number of past predicaments is always a bad thing (high pitch voice in "Power of Kroll" and 11/12th power to share regenerations to heal people/Davors are the main culprits which spring to mind).

My assumption is that the teaser isn't a true indication that the new Doctor has super speed to change people's lives.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Not everyone has watched the trailers. Please keep spoilers, however small or seemingly insignificant, out of posts without the use spoiler tags. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:19 pm

a new trailer is up today...

Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 pm

...still not feeling it, I want to like it. I like the selection and quantity of companions, I like the more aesthetically pleasing looking cinematography. The Colour Pallet is nice. Did I mention I like the companions and the cinematic look? Does anyone know a good hypnotist to make me excited about this? It's like trying to fall in love with Colin Baker's outfit... The casting (for the doctor) is just, well I need some help emotively:(.........So anyone have a 14th Doctor wish list after this crashes and burns? 1st episode will get good numbers based off pure curiosity and diversity groups...Plural.
Back to top Go down

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next