Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!

Go down 
+7
SeaDevil
greenk9
SJA
squishy
Invisible Supreme
timewarrior
jaredofmo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:12 pm

wow. . .this thread is nearly 6 years old. . .such wonderment!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 pm

grr
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 am

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:46 pm

bthllllllppp
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:34 pm

A question! No just a shadow. . .
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:06 pm

sheesh. . .still no questions. . .
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:38 am

Could timewarrior devise a question so devious and so complex that no being, not even timewarrior, could answer it?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:31 am

squishy wrote:
Could timewarrior devise a question so devious and so complex that no being, not even timewarrior, could answer it?

That could only happen on the 666th anniversary that Halloween last fell on a Friday the 13th.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:07 am

man. . .I hate waiting for questions. .
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:31 am

p
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 am

Is it possible that I have answered all that is answerable? Nah. . .just a lull. . .a really freaking long lull. . . .

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:13 pm

where are my questions?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 pm

hello?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 1:17 pm

bored. . .
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Oh Great One,

What is the friendliest way to spend 12 months between Doctor Who Christmas Specials? What could you do if you were not so interested in being nice?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 9:14 pm

squishy wrote:
Oh Great One,

What is the friendliest way to spend 12 months between Doctor Who Christmas Specials?  What could you do if you were not so interested in being nice?

The friendliest way is to binge watch all other dr who episodes while serving soup at a kitchen for the mentally deranged. . .and I'm not talking the nice mentally deranged. I'm talking the full fledge homicidal deranged.

On the not so nice possibilities. . .I'm going to have to talk to Mr. Moffet about his soul. . .
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:21 pm

really people?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 pm

What are you doing for Spring Break? Going anyplace?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 11:11 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
What are you doing for Spring Break?  Going anyplace?

spring break was two weeks ago. . I ate many puppies.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:48 am

My next book is going to be a horror novel set in Canada. I want it to have a late 80's monster movie vibe were effects were practical & sex was barely subtext. I don't know whether i should make it a period piece set in that era or place it in the present with emphasis on those elements. Which do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 7:44 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
My next book is going to be a horror novel set in Canada. I want it to have a late 80's monster movie vibe were effects were practical & sex was barely subtext. I don't know whether i should make it a period piece set in that era or place it in the present with emphasis on those elements. Which do you recommend?

Wow. . .a question that actually intrigues me. . .how interesting. . .so much so that I feel compelled to give a serious and well thought out answer. . .

So let's weigh the pros and cons of each:

Period piece:

Pro:  Nostalgia is always a good thing.  People like to live in the past and your interpretation on that past might be something that others find very interesting.

2nd Pro:  You will have plenty of examples and tropes at your disposal to both emulate and imitate. . .

Con:  your work could possibly be compared to previously established works and won't be judged on its own.

Modern times:

Pro:  The concept as you develop it could be considered unique and refreshing in this age of reboots and remakes

Another pro:  by taking those tropes and memes, you could perhaps finds new and refreshing ways to implement them and how they affect the plot.   for example, look how the new season of the xfiles addressed the rise of the cell phone.  In this post 9/11 world of terrorism and modern technology a creature from outerspace or the black lagoon comes forth with destruction and despair.  

Cons:   because you are taking something in the past and placing it in the present, it may be a much harder endeavor.  

My thoughts on the matter:

I'd say set it in modern times.   Even though it may be harder to write, that's exactly the reason you should do it.   Have it challenge you to the point where the work is not only better, but you become better in the process as well.  Also it will be a reflection on our modern times and lifestyle.  

This is all I can think of right now off the top of my head. . .I've been super busy of late conquering galaxies and such.   Do hope it helps. . .
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:18 am

How will you celebrate your birthday today?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:18 am

SeaDevil wrote:
How will you celebrate your birthday today?

With lots and lots of whisky and vodka. . .perhaps a few not so virginal sacrifices. . .
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:57 pm

timewarrior do you know who has the power of grey skull?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!   ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR!  A sub memorial to thespy! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:04 pm

greenk9 wrote:
timewarrior do you know who has the power of grey skull?

The lollipop guild
Back to top Go down

ASK THE TIMEWARRIOR! A sub memorial to thespy!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next