Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Long Island Who 4!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Long Island Who 4! 11988711

Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, script editor Andrew Cartmel, and more guests to be announced....

http://longislanddoctorwho.com/2015/11/23/l-i-who-4-general-admission-passes-are-on-sale/

THE single best convention I have ever been to!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Guest List now includes Peter Davison, Louise Jameson, Peter Purves, Nick Briggs, Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, and script editor Andrew Cartmel!!! Really excited about this one Smile

http://longislanddoctorwho.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
j3h
j3h

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 am

I'm also looking forward to this con!
They did make a few announcements since Gene's last post above:

(From http://longislanddoctorwho.com/index.html )
Sylvester McCoy won't be able to attend L.I. Who 4 for a very good reason: his son is getting married on the same weekend! Of course everyone involved in our organization is thrilled for him and we congratulate his son on the forthcoming nuptials. Hopefully Sylvester can join us in 2017.

We are very pleased to announce that we are adding TWO more Doctors to the L.I. Who 4 guest lineup. The Sixth Doctor himself, Colin Baker, will be joining us this November 11-13! And it won't come as a surprise to anyone who attended this past November that the Eighth Doctor Paul McGann is returning. He mentioned several times on stage that he would be back and he's a man of his word. With the Fifth Doctor Peter Davison already on the guest list that means we have THREE Doctors this November 2016.

We're not done yet! Jemma Redgrave is also joining us for L.I. Who 4. The actress who portrays Kate Lethbridge-Stewart comes to Long Island for a rare U.S. convention appearance.
Back to top Go down
j3h
j3h

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:45 am

I attended for two days and had a very successful con. Also ran into The Gene Lantern who was very nice to meet in person! Cool

I got all three attending Doctors to sign a limited con-exclusive print by comic artist Robert Hack (got print #1 of only 25 made)
Long Island Who 4! 33446CDD-317D-4982-B92A-290FAAD7EC8B_zpshrkabdhv

Robert Hack, who illustrates the super creepy Sabrina for Archie's horror line, also drew this weeping angel sketch cover commission for me
Long Island Who 4! 55F70B82-8FA9-44A1-80E7-F8789F25A43D_zpsjzz1owxt

I'll post other photos in the "Autograph collecting" thread, including more of the prop plaques I've added to my collection.

Last edited by j3h on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 1:18 pm

I love Hack's work! I have a lil tenth planet cyber sketch he did in trade for a figure. cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Long Island Who 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island Who 4!   Long Island Who 4! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 11:25 am

j3h wrote:
I attended for two days and had a very successful con. Also ran into The Gene Lantern who was very nice to meet in person! Cool

I got all three attending Doctors to sign a limited con-exclusive print by comic artist Robert Hack (got print #1 of only 25 made)

Robert Hack, who illustrates the super creepy Sabrina for Archie's horror line, also drew this weeping angel sketch cover commission for me

I'll post other photos in the "Autograph collecting" thread, including more of the prop plaques I've added to my collection.

Great meeting you, Jim! I was all over the con like a madman so sorry our encounter was so brief!

And yes, Robert Hack is awesome! Love his work and it was nice seeing him there again Smile
Back to top Go down

Long Island Who 4!
Page 1 of 1