Brain of Davros
Just Scott
Krynoid
Scary
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate S9E12: heck Bent
AWESOME!
S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
Good!
S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Okay...
S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Bad!
S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
AWFUL!
S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Krynoid wrote:
Let's petition Vince Gilligan for Dr Who showrunner!

^^^ THIS!! ^^^
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:46 pm

squishy wrote:

Rassilon was a bit of a pushover.  The founder of all Timelord society and culture is kicked out in an afternoon?  "All powerful Doctor" never sits too well and this episode had a bit too much of it.  Not even sure where this leaves Gallifrey at the end and how the Timelords will interact with the Doctor moving forward.  They're back, but hiding and are leaderless?  And it sounds like Susan is now the president's daughter, but obviously not Rassilon's daughter since he was assumed dead until The Five Doctors.

Timothy Dalton was Rasillon in David Tenant's farewell episode. I assumed the Time Lords brought him back somehow as they had the Master, to fight the Time War.

I missed Susan being in this. Who was she?

Was that the Doctor's mother in the beginning who told him you can't be here, I have to keep this place clean in case the boys come home? Is the other boy The Master? Possibly his brother?
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
squishy wrote:

Rassilon was a bit of a pushover.  The founder of all Timelord society and culture is kicked out in an afternoon?  "All powerful Doctor" never sits too well and this episode had a bit too much of it.  Not even sure where this leaves Gallifrey at the end and how the Timelords will interact with the Doctor moving forward.  They're back, but hiding and are leaderless?  And it sounds like Susan is now the president's daughter, but obviously not Rassilon's daughter since he was assumed dead until The Five Doctors.

Timothy Dalton was Rasillon in David Tenant's farewell episode. I assumed the Time Lords brought him back somehow as they had the Master, to fight the Time War.
Mr. Dalton was one bad dude as opposed to the wet blanket we got this time.  Rassilon is the big guy, the legendary boss, and not a push-over.  He battled vampires across the known universe and created time travel.  Even in the "Five Doctors" old Rassilon even had a wisdom and power not to be toyed with.  I'd have much preferred an explanation that Rassilon went back to his tomb once Gallifrey was locked and this was just a caretaker president.  What we ended up with was undermining the legend of one of the most powerful figures the universe has ever known.

Shatterbang wrote:

I missed Susan being in this. Who was she?
While trying to open the hatch in the cloister the Doctor tells a little story.  There is only one Timelord ever to escape the cloister and he went mad.  This man stole the president's wife and ran away from Gallifrey.  The Doctor corrects the story by saying it was really the president's daughter.  I got the impression that the Doctor acknowledges being that man.  This means Hartnell's original escape was with a female (his "granddaughter" Susan"?).  The previous episode while in the confession dial the Doctor also admits that Hartnell did not leave due to boredom.  It all sounds like a bit of an adventure is being revealed.

Shatterbang wrote:

Was that the Doctor's mother in the beginning who told him you can't be here, I have to keep this place clean in case the boys come home? Is the other boy The Master? Possibly his brother?

The lady could be the Doctor's mother or another member of the household (or nanny?).  I don't think we're given enough clues to say it's 100% his mother and another writer has freedom to make this person whoever.  She is close enough to the Doctor to recognize him and whip up a quick bowl of soup.

David Tennant unequivocally denies the Master is his brother during "The Sound of Drums" or one of those three episodes.  They're just childhood friends so it's not so incestuous when Missy snogs the 12th Doctor.  But there must be some other brother or cousin.  Not sure if we know enough about families and reproduction on Gallifrey.  Do all residents regenerate or just Timelords if they can graduate from school?  They still act as if gender is fixed and use "he" and "she" instead of a gender-neutral statement about "the boys coming home". With all the playing around with regenerations it makes it less clear how you'd end up with "brothers and sisters" in such a culture and if Timelords would ever marry one another. There have never been any spouses or families in Arc of Infinity or Deadly Assassin.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:23 am

Careful speculating about Timelord families.....we may get the looms!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 am

When he mentions the President's daughter, I thought he was referring to a girlfriend type fling, not Susan.  That was at least my first impression.  I never even thought of Susan.  

I assumed the lady in the barn was like the caretaker of the boy's home the Doctor was raised in.

I want to know who all of the people were outside the barn, Shabogans?
Back to top Go down
What? What?
What? What?

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm

I loved it.

It was a great exit for Clara the Impossible Girl. She left a true lasting mark on The Doctor and I look forward to maybe in a few years that Clara and The Doctor to cross paths again. Jenna Coleman is a fine actress and it is sad to see her go.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)   S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:40 am

Absolutely awful. The Zygon story was decent, but otherwise this was the crappy cap on what is definitely the worst season of nuWho. I'm just gritting my teeth and waiting for Moffat to be gone.

And the Sonic Sunglasses have to be the stupidest idea he has ever inflicted on us. Sonic Sunglasses?? Like a Visual Hearing Aid? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

S9E12: Helll Bent (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2