Ice Worrier II
squishy
Just Scott
Brain of Davros
Scary
9 posters

Rate S9E9: Sleep No More
FANTASTIC!
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap6%S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Good!
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap19%S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Okay...
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap25%S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Bad!
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap6%S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap44%S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Intriguing! Discuss!

Last edited by Scary on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 pm

The Title means we will Sleep No More because the episodes will be better written and much more exciting to watch.

Sleep,No More.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:41 pm

S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) 4_37

Man that was AWFUL! In fact, awful doesn't go far enough! What a dreadful episode!

Wish we were allowed to swear! It deserves a swear word or two.............maybe three!!!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:45 pm

That was somewhere between 'good' and 'okay'. I liked it, but didn't love it. The concept of it all didn't really make sense, and I didn't really like the 'villain', whatever his name was. I'm not much of a fan of found footage anyway, so this didn't really work for me, but I admire their sentiment to be experimental and creative.

The main thing that threw me off though was that it all just seemed too familiar. The 'base under siege' and its corrdiors reminded me too much of Under the Lake, and the monsters reminded me too much of Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS. All that felt new was the found footage perspective, and like I said, I have never really enjoyed that way of storytelling.

And another that really annoyed me was that they all had guns and didn't use them until the last 10 minutes or so, after most of them had been killed anyway. It kinda of took me out of it when I was sat there thinking "They've got guns in their hands, why aren't they using them?"

I was glad that the woman actually stopped the villain dude with her gun in the end though. It just made sense. He was a threat, he had to be taken out. I hate how the Doctor and Clara are always portrayed as so morally superior and above killing in defense, as if there is another way or as if they wouldn't have done the same? They're always all "lardi-daa, look at us, we're perfect and humanity is evil!" Give me a break. It's patronising, self-righteous and snobby, and I wish Moffat and Gatiss and their whole brigade would give it a rest. It works in some episodes, like The Zygon Inversion last week, but seriously... Shoving it down our throats with this whole moral superiority complex every week is irritating and takes you out of the episode.

Otherwise, this was an alright episode. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:24 am

So wait, since we saw the episode that means the Doctor didn't figure out the monster's plan, destroyed the Morpheus chambers on Neptune, then left? I guess the monsters won this week.

Something different, but please not again.

And the first single part story this series?
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:01 am

Just Scott wrote:
S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) 4_37

Man that was AWFUL! In fact, awful doesn't go far enough! What a dreadful episode!

Wish we were allowed to swear! It deserves a swear word or two.............maybe three!!!

And that's a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Worst episode of Series 9. The flood two parter and Zygon invasion were better than this crap. I can't believe this was a Mark Gatiss episode.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:17 pm

What an ironic title! I found it hard to stay awake while watching it!

Ya know, for a moment I thought they were gonna be clever and that bad guy was going to be Dastari from The Two Doctors! That could have been interesting. But then, many of these stories "could have" been interesting...

That "May the Gods look favourably upon you" line really annoyed me.

The whole thing felt like a cookie-cutter episode. There was no drama, no scares, nothing to engage my interest.

And you can correct me if I'm wrong...but that was the first Dr Who episode ever to not have opening credits!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:27 pm

I gave it an okay but that was because of the "Aliens" vibe to the story but the plot sucked so what can I say that Scary hasn't.Mostly rehashed ideas like Blink and others.
Last years Christmas Special did this story better imo.

They made an episode out of eye crust creatures.What's next Daleks made out of crap?Or Booger Beasts?This whole production team and writing staff are clearly out of good ideas and have got to go soon.

Maybe It was all a bad dream.Just like the Dream Lord.Bad

Next episode "looks" good.

Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Krynoid wrote:

And you can correct me if I'm wrong...but that was the first Dr Who episode ever to not have opening credits!

The credits were a 2 second jigsaw puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:46 pm

FYI: eye crust also contains uric acid, yes...pee.

This whole episode was takin' the piss!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 4:28 pm

On us
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Yep, first one I didn't enjoy this year.  It felt like they were trying too hard to create the next Angels....something you see in everyday life, and try to make it a monster.  

I did like the squad's uniforms and helmets.  Finally, a future where they don't just recycle current uniforms.  They reminded me a bit of Earthshock.  And the one guys uniform reminded me on Babylon 5 uniforms.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)   S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:32 pm

uhhhh. . .that was weird. . .
Back to top Go down

S9E9: Sleep No More (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1