Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

What are you watching?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39
AuthorMessage
Whooz

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Star Wars (1977) The DeSpecialized Edition!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5718
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:07 pm

I've got that one, along with the Adywan version.

BOTH are so much fun to experience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.forumotion.com
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:18 pm

ST-TNG The Naked Now (1987) I am suffering from severe election fatigue, nearly EVERY video on youtube has some annoying election commercial and since I am outside the Chicago, 90% of the commercials are election related. It has gotten me so annoyed I have decided not to bother voting this time around. Since I am a working class poor white male, the democrats don't care about me, and the republicans take me for granted, but as I am an Independent I really have no representation in government anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2242
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Whooz, if more people were independent enough to find and vote for a 3rd party then the two main parties may wake up.  Neither of them are doing much for me either at this point so I had some fun searching out what the other smaller parties were saying.  I had plenty of opportunities to vote outside the main two parties when I went to the polls this morning. Not voting is your prerogative, but there are more choices than letting those people win.

But I'm sick of watching political TV right now so will finish off my first viewing of Star Trek:  The Animated Series tonight.  It's the real Kirk, Spock, and McCoy together again.  I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how good many of these episodes are.  Last weekend McCoy, Sulu, and Uhura got trapped in the holo-deck (rec room) a dozen years before TNG ever appeared.  It's got its problems, but overall the Animated series seems like real Star Trek to me.  One last DVD to finish tonight instead of hours of stupid political pundits just talking to fill time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ted47

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm

The best episode is The Slaver Weapon and Kirk
isn't even in it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6560
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm

...cuz I love a great space western...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:09 am

squishy wrote:
But I'm sick of watching political TV right now so will finish off my first viewing of Star Trek:  The Animated Series tonight.  It's the real Kirk, Spock, and McCoy together again.  I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how good many of these episodes are.  Last weekend McCoy, Sulu, and Uhura got trapped in the holo-deck (rec room) a dozen years before TNG ever appeared.  It's got its problems, but overall the Animated series seems like real Star Trek to me.  One last DVD to finish tonight instead of hours of stupid political pundits just talking to fill time.

I LOVE TAS!  My favorite episode is Beyond the Farthest Star. Something they could only accomplish through animation. If I ever get around to it, I am going to make a Klingon Cruiser in the TAS color scheme and the Enterprise also. A piece of trivia, the director, Hal Sutherland was color blind that is why some of the spaceships are pink! He thought they were going to be grey. It is also the only Star Trek to win an emmy for something other than a technical achievement. And I had hoped that Arex would be used to replace Anton Yelchin in the next Trek movie instead of recasting. They could actually do a good CGI version now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ted47

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am

Beyond the Farthest Star is also great. It was ahead of its time.
It's Alien before Alien.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) Based on the 1967 novel. This is one of those slow thrillers that keeps you riveted to find out what happened to some girls who vanished while visiting an ancient volcanic outcropping in 1900.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6101
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Overlord (2018)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are you watching?
Page 39 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Life, the Universe, and Everything Else you want to talk about...-
Jump to: