mattmanw54301
Brain of Davros
Ronpur
Captain Ironmac
Scary
11 posters

Rate S9E4: Before the Flood
FANTASTIC!
S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap33%S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Good!
S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap40%S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Okay...
S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap27%S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Bad!
S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
AWFUL!
S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Last edited by Scary on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:39 pm

interesting cant wait to see how the doctor deal with this
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Ah, the chicken and the egg paradox.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:37 am

I liked it as a good finish to the story but when concepts like this are introduced I feel they should be more grand.If I can predict the Doctor being in the chamber from last week then to me it loses a bit of its luster.
And the explanation at the end had me a bit confused.

So the Doctor created the Ghost Doctor Hologram after he saw his ghost from the future there by getting the idea to create the ghost Doctor hologram using his sonicsunglasses that were in the stasis chamber with him for 100 years?

I really liked the intro with him explaining a theory and then having the plot play it out.Also at the end when he explains how things happend.Kind of like a University professor with Clara as the student.

Loved the guitar intro as well.And can't get enough of the Tardis interior!

The only thing I didn't care for again were the sonicsunglasses that now can interface with the computers?
Ok whatever mate.
And also the fact that UNIT has to "fix" the ghosts when all he had to do was take them in the Tardis to the Moon or something.

I give the episode a 8.

But now I gotta get a darn guitar from somewhere!😡

Last edited by Brain of Davros on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:47 am

Ronpur wrote:
Ah, the chicken and the egg paradox.  

The Chicken came before the egg once you take into account the creation of the Universe from it's beginning and belief of the Creator making the chickens first to create the first eggs to perpetuate the species infinitely or to extinction.

If you don't believe in a Creator and chickens just happened to come into being at random well enjoy ignorance afro

Drops mic...............
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:52 pm

I enjoyed this episode. Same theme as the Davros 2 parter, changing history or not. But overall pretty good. When we get season 9 action figures, will the Doc(s) have sunglasses? I also want a guitar/amp set. Anyone else notice the amp said 'magpie' on it? Cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Good ending. Not sure if Doctor Who always wants to be taking on their own internal logic of how time travel cause and effect works. It's been played a little... loose in the past.

Hoping for no Timelords, time paradox, or plugging sonic sunglasses into things next week.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 am

Rolling Eyes meh Rolling Eyes

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Sigh-Uhhm-Ehm-Yeah-No-Ugh-Ok-Whatever-Neil-Patrick-Harris-GIF-2015_zpsp9mjyruw

With the exception of the 1st episode, I have sky+ the show & watched it later. Starting to lose interest.

The sunglasses & rock guitar HAVE TO GO!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 am

Just Scott wrote:

I imagine some middle-aged curmudgeon in the 70's said something similar.

"Yea, it was ok... a big shrimp that lived in peoples brains seems a bit daft though, and a laser shooting dog... 7/10.
But the stupid oversized scarf and the jelly-baby shtick HAVE TO GO!! Evil or Very Mad "
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Rolling Eyes meh Rolling Eyes

Jon Pertwee wanted more cars & gadgets and by the end of his era there were car chases and dinosaur zappers everywhere. He even built his own car and the producers put the Whomobile into two stories. We've now got a Doctor who enjoys electric guitar and sunglasses. So by his second series they''re now in the show. I guess this is just the kind of role where the actor gets significant input over time as to how they want their character to develop (for good or for ill).
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm

I gotta admit...I did like the rock guitar addition to the opening theme in this episode...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:09 pm

I like the Time Lord of Rock...

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Ben C. wrote:

I imagine some middle-aged curmudgeon in the 70's said something similar.

"Yea, it was ok... a big shrimp that lived in peoples brains seems a bit daft though, and a laser shooting dog... 7/10.
But the stupid oversized scarf and the jelly-baby shtick HAVE TO GO!! Evil or Very Mad "

It's a poll. Opinions are asked for and my opinion was given. You're welcome!

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) 687474703a2f2f6d656469612e67697068792e636f6d2f6d656469612f334630584c52784e54735338382f67697068792e676966_zpsxjjuot5k
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Just Scott wrote:

It's a poll. Opinions are asked for and my opinion was given. You're welcome!

And I gave my opinion of your opinion. Sheesh - just relax and deal with it. Instead you went full on Disney.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Ben C. wrote:

Instead you went full on Disney.

That wasn't "full on Disney"

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Giphy_zpsvioijyio

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Tumblr_n0hcm4WAVH1ssccu8o1_500_zpsum3pesgw

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Tumblr_mj7wieGdMW1qbrdf3o2_r1_500_zpsruvzrinf

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) Carl-Back_zpsp4qbhct2

THAT'S FULL ON DISNEY!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Good episode!

Did NOT like the breaking of the fourth wall and the Doctor playing the theme tune... Ruins the suspension of disbelief and makes it feel like the Doctor is aware that he's fiction and that he's in front of a TV audience. I know it's happened before but... Urgh... It's a nice idea and I do like the guitar, but it just doesn't rest well with me. Ah well.

Besides that though, great story and a nice round off to last week! I enjoyed the whole wibbly wobbly paradox stuff. I liked the scene where the Doctor and Bennett turn up half an hour before and see themselves from the past. Definitely harkened back to 'Father's Day', which was a great feeling when watching, and still a great concept to play on, too.

I also really loved the silent scenes with Cass when she's being followed in the base corridor. That was fantastically done and was a great way to step into her boots. My heartbeat did actually quicken in that scene - it's not often that Doctor Who actually gets the blood pumping these days - and I actually felt concerned for her. Really well fleshed out character, I thought; all of the side characters in this story were well formed and rounded, and definitely felt believable.

Besides the breaking of the fourth wall, my only other complaint would be that the Fisher King was pretty disappointing as a villain. All he did was stomp around slowly and unethusiastically, say some cheesy cliché evil villain lines, look like a Predator rip off, and then drown. This was the same problem as in 'The Caretaker', the villain merely served as a plot device as opposed to... Well... A villain. If only the villain had been as fleshed out as our guest characters, that would have been great.

All in all, a good stand-alone romp, I thought! Definitely keep them coming! 4/5 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)   S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:08 pm

very good episode.
Back to top Go down

S9E4: Before the Flood (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1