Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Go down 
+14
SJA
squishy
amagon
rmlextreme
D84
Evil Monkey Pope
KIRKESS
Redfern
Ronpur
Krynoid
Just Scott
Invisible Supreme
Brain of Davros
Scary
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Rate S9E2: The Witch's Familiar
AWESOME!
S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 12 ]
Good!
S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
Okay...
S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bad!
S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
AWFUL!
S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS)   S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 4:11 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
NuWHo is made for them...

Truth -- and sadly these last couple of episodes have really hammered that point home for me. More than ever, nuWho is about quirky character moments involving characters that, sadly, aren't really all that compelling. It's cheeky; it's snarky... and it's soulless nonsense. I cringed every time that Davros attempted to claim the moral high ground over the Doctor; this is the dude who created murdertanks with the express goal of exterminating every other sentient race in the universe. Davros asking, "Am I a good man?" even as he asserts that the Doctor embrace genocide so that he can feel the power of a god? Give me a break. The script offers a reason for the incoherence of this exchange -- that each party was trying to manipulate the other -- but a script that feels the need to explicitly handwave its own glaring weaknesses reveals itself for the disjointed garbage it is.

Thanks for the memories, guys. Glad y'all are still at it. Smile

I agree with all this as you can see but I think the reason I still watch
is because of the awesome ideas that Moffat allows me to generate in my head even though he can't seem to carry his out to a satisfying conclusion.

Even though these 2 episodes crapped out I was highly intrigued by the idea of killing the boy Davros or altering his future to where the Daleks won't exist and witnessing a brief glimpse into the new Universe whether it be a horror or paradise.

And even as I write this I'm watching the Dead Zone and the Hitler question just came up.

Wow eerie.

Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS)   S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:39 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
The scene of the Doc stealing Davros' chair made me laugh.

That was a funny scene and reminded me of Amagon zooming around the house😃
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS)   S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:50 pm

I liked it.
Back to top Go down

S9E2: The Witch's Familiar (MAJOR SPOILERS)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3