Just Scott
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Discuss....................................
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Lots of flashy images....no idea what most things are. And now, who is Maisie Williams playing?? Any guesses?
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Looks good. Quite looking forward to this. A bit disappointed it's late September, in what's a pretty glutted nerd season (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl) and not Mid-August.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Looks great!! I love the look of this series. The visuals are great. It's also looking a lot grittier in terms of tone, and I like that. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Yay! I agree it'd be nice if it was starting a bit earlier. But, hey, I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
fatsal
fatsal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2014-07-10

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Lots of flashy images....no idea what most things are.  And now, who is Maisie Williams playing??  Any guesses?

I'm calling it now...she's playing...

total speculation but just in case:

With that slice of dialogue, who else could it be? There's a pic of Maisie on the TARDIS set, and her outfit looks very reminiscent, and Capaldi made a comment at the panel that all but points to her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Someone put up a screen grab of what looks like a classic dalek behind the other one. And if you look at the one city it is very much what a modern look the Dalek City on Skaro would be like.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:30 am

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Looking at 0:34 in the trailer, is Capaldi's hair getting bigger? As a tribute to Jon Pertwee, was his first series hair kinda normal and then the bouffant will grow larger in each subsequent series?
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 3:16 am

Second trailer. Look out for the classic Daleks.

Season 9 TRAILER  2015-08-12%2022.44.49_zps9xw8lgt0

Season 9 TRAILER  2015-08-12%2022.40.35_zpsgtqosg7x

Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I see a few Dead Planet Daleks, Emperor's guard from Evil of the Daleks, a Genesis/Destiny style up on the platform, and even the Special Weapons Dalek again.

Also nice to see that Big Red hasn't been forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 pm

There's also the distinctive asymmetric door from the first Dalek serial in plain sight. Almost makes one wonder if we'll see a Dalek Emperor (either "Evil..." or "Parting..."). But given there's the red Supreme, I suspect the production will just use it as the de facto leader, saving a bit on production costs.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 pm

The grey Dalek on the balcony is definitely a renegade Dalek from Remembrance of the Daleks. The black highlights on the midsection band and slats give it away, plus the silver mesh in between the slats. I really liked those models, so it's good to see them again.

Honestly, the RTD era Daleks look almost... caricaturized when compared to the classy 60's Daleks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:53 pm

The SWD is in the background also. alien
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:53 am

Oh sweet. I didn't notice it at first. Hopefully this episode will focus heavily on the Daleks instead of some boring side story between some other characters, like that awful Asylum of the Daleks. And HOPEFULLY this episode is a lot better than Into the Dalek, ugh.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
Oh sweet. I didn't notice it at first. Hopefully this episode will focus heavily on the Daleks instead of some boring side story between some other characters, like that awful Asylum of the Daleks. And HOPEFULLY this episode is a lot better than Into the Dalek, ugh.

Nice to see someone else think Asylum was awful. I too am hoping that the Daleks will be used properly in this story.
However if Missy is working with the Daleks, that raises all sorts of continuity questions, the Daleks thought they had destroyed him/her in the movie, so won't they wonder why he now she is still alive...
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 8:07 pm

They won't necessarily recognize her, since last time they saw her, she was a he.

EDIT: Also, I expect some references to Frontier in Space.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 pm

I liked the red Supreme's look a lot. I'm guessing Skaro? That'll be fun. We haven't been there in ages.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Ronpur wrote:
... who is Maisie Williams playing?

IMDB doesn't know, but they do know the episode titles...

Doctor Who (TV Series)
- The Woman Who Lived (2015)
- The Girl Who Died (2015)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Season 9 TRAILER  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 TRAILER    Season 9 TRAILER  EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:54 am

I think fatsal might be right
Back to top Go down

Season 9 TRAILER
Page 1 of 1