SJA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 Empty
PostSubject: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

His wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, confirmed his death, saying the cause was end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Mr. Nimoy announced last year that he had the disease, which he attributed to years of smoking, a habit he had given up three decades earlier. He had been hospitalized earlier in the week.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm devastated. Sad
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Heartbroken, here. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:53 pm

End of an Era... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Yeah it is very bad news to the world of Star Trek, kinda like the passing of an actor that played the Doctor, news I hope we dont get for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm struggling to process just how I feel about this. It's so similar to how I felt when we lost Lis Sladen, but at the same time completely different. It's almost like losing my grandfathers again, but again totally different.

devastated's a pretty good word, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 pm

And I just watched The Immunity Syndrome the other night. That was definitely a Spock episode. Remember, we will always have his amazing body of work to remember him by.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes, unfortunately it's very sad.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 pm

CGren123 wrote:
I'm struggling to process just how I feel about this. It's so similar to how I felt when we lost Lis Sladen, but at the same time completely different. It's almost like losing my grandfathers again, but again totally different.

devastated's a pretty good word, yeah.

Celebrity deaths usually don't hit me hard, but I'll admit Lis Sladen was so, so rough. It was like losing an actual friend in real life. This does feel similar to me but—as you say—different, too.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:38 pm

"He's not really dead...as long as we remember him."

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 TOS3e

A toast to three of my childhood heroes, who I keep alive by remembering.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Love the pic, Sea.

So I finally, after many false starts, managed to finish a post about this on my blog. If you feel so inclined, I've included a link here.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Great pic SD! Smile
Lovely post CGren.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:50 pm

When I struggled as a geeky kid in school, teased by bigger kids, threatened to be beat up by bullies in the halls, I had Star Trek to run to.  Before Star Wars, before Doctor Who, it was the center of my life.

I adopted Mr Spock's logical facade, and the next time a bully threatened to fight me after school, I just raised an eyebrow and said "That isn't logical" and walked away, leaving him dumbfounded in the halls.  My 6th grade teacher even gave me the nickname of Spock and the name stayed with me through out college.  

I still have my original Mego Spock action figure and my AMT Spock model kit I build when I was 12.  It may not be as cool looking as my big USS Enterprise, but right now, it means a heck of a lot to me.

Leonard Nimoy brought my best friend to life.  Without him and the promise of Star Trek's great future, I wonder if I would have made it through school.  Thank you for being there when I needed you.

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 Star-trek-spock-5_zpsbgwy23un

Live Long and Prosper
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:07 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102525/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

This was an excellent TV Movie I saw Mr Nimoy in. I was deeply moved, if you are able to see it I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83   Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 am

MeTV will be showing an evening of Nimoy shows Sunday March 1st starting at 7 pm central. It begins with A Stitch in Crime from Columbo. A very powerful performance on one of my other favorite shows. I think I saw this the night I went to the hospital nearly three years ago and kinda got me nervous going in because of Nimoy's villain turn!
Back to top Go down

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83
Page 1 of 1