23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:47 pm

It'll be the future soon https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/itll-be-the-future-soon
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 11:44 am

I just got from my cousin's wedding and it was an absolutely beautiful affair! Everything went off (mostly) without a hitch, which was brilliant considering it was all arranged within a month. Now they're off to Jamaica so she can start her new job. All in all, an absolutely brilliant way to start the new year, I think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 pm

CGren123 wrote:
I just got from my cousin's wedding and it was an absolutely beautiful affair! Everything went off (mostly) without a hitch, which was brilliant considering it was all arranged within a month. Now they're off to Jamaica so she can start her new job. All in all, an absolutely brilliant way to start the new year, I think.
Always a great way to start the year! cheers
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:56 am

I'm doing another interview for my book, The Dolorous Adventure of Brother Banenose & I have to suggest some interview topics. Is there anything you'd be interested in hearing me discuss?
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 8:23 pm

The first anniversary of my blog, https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com, fast approaches! What would you most be interested in seeing on this special day?
1. flash sale on The Dolorous Adventure of Brother Banenose ebook. http://www.amazon.com/Dolorous-Adventure-Brother-Banenose-ebook/dp/B015TOO8SQ
2. quotes from the book superimposed onto incongrous pictures
3.quotes from the book superimposed onto paintings from it
4. behind the scenes character profiles
5. a fancast of the book
7. a sneak peek at my next novel
8. something else that you'll suggest
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Today is my blog's first birthday! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/happy-1st-birthday-to-my-blog/ To commemorate this historic occasion, the Kindle edition of The Dolorous Adventure of Brother Banenose is on sale for $0.99 through Sunday! http://www.amazon.com/Dolorous-Adventure-Brother-Banenose-ebook/dp/B015TOO8SQ If you prefer paperbacks, you can also get the physical edition for below cover price from Barnes & Noble or Amazon!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

My publisher, Booktrope, is shutting down. May 31, 2016, will be your final opportunity acquire THE DOLOROUS ADVENTURE OF BROTHER BANENOSE! Mercury Retrograde can take a flying leap onto a barbwire dildo!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/buy-brother-banenose-now-because-booktrope-is-bust/
http://www.amazon.com/The-Dolorous-Adventure-Brother-Banenose/dp/151370303X?tag=smarturl-20
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:37 am

A group of <censored> broke into my dad & mine workshop the other day. Among the things taken was the vast majority of my Dr Who figure collection, including quite a few figures & Tardises which are now impossible to get hold of.

So now I'm pondering attempting to rebuild what was once a magnificent collection, or selling the tattered remains of that collection. A few friends pointed out that I should wait until I'm somewhat calmer about the whole thing before making any rash decisions.

But I thought I'd let you all know, for if I start selling chunks of my collection.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:51 am

Sorry to hear that. I hope the philistines responsible are brought to justice.

Last edited by mattmanw54301 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 12:30 pm

Sorry to hear the sad news Cgren. I too have been a victim of thieves. Your friend is right, give yourself some time to recover from this trauma, and then take the time to re evaluate whether or not you want to rebuild.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 1:41 pm

OH NO!!! That's awful!

Sad

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 10:39 pm

If you do decide to re-collect, you should post a list of figures you want to buy. Maybe some of us here can help you.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:46 pm

This is my hundredth blog! I don’t believe it either! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2016/12/22/collectors-edition-blog-100/
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 am

APOLLO: 2003-2017
For the last 14 and a half years, you have been constantly close to me. Lying on top of me, getting in my face with your furry little nose. I already miss you. Goodbye Apollo, you were the BEST cat I, or anyone could have had.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 1Image5_zpsdycwkbzq

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Image24_zpsfbm5nfkj
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 pm

So sorry for your loss. I had to say goodbye to one of my cats last year.

A guy I went to grade school with died suddenly on Monday. Kinda makes a man think.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 am

Sorry to hear about Apollo, Ron.
Like Matt above, we also recently lost one of ours.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 am

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Fb_img10

Snowflake was 15.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Ahh, so cute. Thanks for the condolences. And you are right, it is hard. It is so quiet without him here.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Doctor Who - The Next Doctor and Waters of Mars
Back to top Go down
AJinHarlan
AJinHarlan

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 pm

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 315364_900
This was taken a few months ago when I just got in my Malcolm Merlyn Funko Pop figure in.  Like most of the things that end up in my collection, there's a story behind it.

At the beginning of the year I was really into dragons and Star Trek.  Over in Leavenworth they have this awesome comic book shop that was recently put in called the Krampus Kave and they had the Diamond Select Tricorder and Phaser.  I eagerly waited for my income tax return to get it and so the day trip we went over to Leavenworth, I was totally ready to buy them both.

Then I saw the Captain Jack Harkness Funko figure and I had a sudden rush of memories of NuWho season 1 and how awesome Jack is and so my love for Doctor Who came flooding back.  In the end, I never did buy the Tricorder or the Phaser as I knew I couldn't get the three, so instead I got Jack and several Star Trek and Doctor Who comic books.  Well, getting Jack inspired a ton of things that got me into writing about mermaids and mermen, enjoying life at the sea to eventually overcoming my fear of going into salt water.  I have been swimming in the Puget Sound at every opportunity as well as the lake.  

Now, with the original stories that I'm writing, my ancient mer-kingdom remained elusive to me.  I had been watching Legends of Tomorrow with my best friend because he knew I would appreciate the time travel, John Barrowman, and of course that sexy time-travelling ship!  WELL through writing fanfic and generally being sad because of how sad the world of DC is, I wanted to take Malcolm Merlyn to someplace nice with Jaysol, my plucky merman who was trying his hardest to befriend Malcolm.  It took only a minute for my ancient mer kingdom to suddenly unfold for me and I am forever grateful to John Barrowman's Malcolm Merlyn and Captain Jack Harkness for continually lighting the fire of my imagination.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Have a Merry Christmas everybody!  
The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 RGL4
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 5:36 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Have a Merry Christmas everybody!  
The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 RGL4

And a Happy New Year!
The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Christ10
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:27 pm

I saw this under the headline : most anticipated albums of 2019... Deftones, Tool, ...and Davros???The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Screen15

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 2:54 pm

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 Strips10

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Stay safe everybody!

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 7 ScTkeCmg

...so don't be an Ash hole
Back to top Go down

The Off-Topic Thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7