Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes Empty
PostSubject: Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes   Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Any ideas on anything that might be used as a substitute for the original Toclafane stands? I bought mine loose without stands and can't seem to find anyone with extras.
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes   Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 am

On the cheap, I suppose you could use an inverted golf tee, glued to a wooden disc (get at craft stores anywhere), paint the whole 'stand' black, and Bob's your uncle.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes   Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 pm

You may be able to find clear plastic rods that are the same (or slightly, slightly smaller) diameter as the hole, and as above, make your own stand using a clear plastic disc for a base. Model supply stores should carry plastic rod in all kinds of diameters. I have some clear rods that I bought a few years ago to make custom lightsabers for Star Wars figures. (I also use the rods for "plastic welding," but that's another story, lol)
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes   Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm

I found some of those clear acrylic rods at a crafts store after reading these replies. The closest size is a little loose, but I think they'll work. I just need to cut them & glue them to a base. Thanks for the suggestions!
Back to top Go down

Toclafane Stand Ideas/Substitutes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: