Calixar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Life on Mars, series 2... Empty
PostSubject: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 9:57 pm

... starts Tuesday!

Just over eight weeks from now we will know for sure what's happened to Sam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Just watched both episodes.

Anyone else here watching this?

Sam needs to investigate who he is in the 70's, I think. Everyone at his station was expecting his transfer from Hyde... and now his future mentor recalls hearing something about him from Hyde.

Does the Sam Tyler he is in the 70's have a past? A family?
Back to top Go down
77nation

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 1:26 pm

I watch it - thought I was the only one! I'm waiting (if I can) until BBC-A shows it.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 8:50 pm

I shall endeavor not to give anything away.

Hey... got to the BBC America shop online and find the contact link. Ask them to release the series on DVD in the US. I figure the more people who do so, the better, especially given the wording of the reply they send.
Back to top Go down
77nation

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:40 am

Will do. Do you think this may be a way to get Torchwood released here too?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am

Yep, it's a BBC production, so they'f be the people to talk to.

'course, it'd help if SciFi picked it up first.
Back to top Go down
falcon7
falcon7

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Torchwood will probably be easier to get out. I pretty sure the rights clearances for the music are a lot of the problem with Life on Mars coming out on DVD here.

I'm still waiting for Spaced to come out here, but I fear it's the same deal.
Back to top Go down
http://falcon7.deviantart.com/
77nation

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 7:48 pm

I never in a million years would have thought of music rights holding up a vDVD release, but of course I bet your right.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:40 am

Oh!

So, has anyone else here seen the second series? I'm still not convinced... what actually happened to him? He just knew too many things (especially in the first series) for it to have... ugh!

I don't want to give details, for fear of spoiling it for someone else, but man!
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 7:20 pm

Okay, if there's anybody out there. After having a meltdown when I discovered BBCA wouldn't be showing Series 2 until January(!) I took drastic action.

Now I've seen the first episode of S2. Great show. Sorry this is the last and torn between racing through the season and taking my time (will probably do the latter).

If you've seen it, how does this season compare to the first
(and NO spoilers PLEASE!!!)
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 11:21 am

How does it compare? Hmmm... Pretty much the same, with the occassional moment of waaaaaay better.

I fully intend to buy the whole series if they ever release it on NTSC DVD.

I kind of dread the ABC remake, but intend to watch a few episodes, at least.
Back to top Go down
rsnation

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Starts Tuesday indeed! LoM S2 ran almost a year ago on the BBC and FINALLY will be starting this Tuesday on BBCA. I've seen it (and will happily watch again and again). I adore this show and would love to know if anyone else here has or will be watching.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 2:39 am

As for the ending...I read a new Brit mag called Death Ray and they interviewed the writers about the ending. Not to give it away at all... the writer said it is up to the viewer to fill in the blanks. More or less he said you can make any ending for Sam as you liike...
Back to top Go down
rsnation

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 4:57 pm

greenk9 - I had read something different a while back. That indicated the writers had a very clear concept of what they though had happened to Sam. Obviously I can't go into it without spoiling (though is anyone but us actually reading this thread?). Feel free to email if you want to know.

Anyway, it hardly matters because I completely ignored what I read and made up my own (better) ending anyway!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Actually the real ending is Gene finally gets fed up with Sam and leaves him locked up in the trunk and forgets about him. That would be the ending that Gene would have wanted. ha.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 am

Out of the loop on this, but after seeing series three Who, I would like to catch more of John Simm and saw he was in this. What is the basic plot of the show? Thinking of getting first season but want to know what I'm getting into first.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 6:47 am

omg!!! england had this a year ago if not longer
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:19 am

gregtdj -

A modern day cop gets hit by a car and wakes up in the 70's. He tries to figure out if it's a dream, if he traveled through time, or if he's crazy while solving crimes and dealing with the non-politically correct, violent, and sloppy state of being a police officer in the 1970's. It's a great show, but the scifi elements are pretty subtle - don't expect Doctor Who.

I've read that there is a spin-off called "Ashes to Ashes", anyone seen it yet?
Back to top Go down
rsnation

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 pm

I've seen Ashes to Ashes. Not big on it but then again I love Simm who isn't around.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Watched only 2 episodes of ATA and really wasn't too impressed with it compared to LOM (the 80s were my era but the music used on the show just isn't cutting it for me - maybe the music/artists at the time were different in the UK and US). It seemed as if Gene was softened up a bit too much and Keely's character takes a bit of getting used to; LOM is a true classic while ATA is just so so. I'll wait for the DVDs to arrive to watch the remaining episodes (won't even bother to watch them on BBCA since they will be cut at least 16 minutes again per episode for sure).
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 pm

So, having seen all of Ashes to Ashes and knowing the ending... I started watching LoM again this last week and am struck by the idea that Gene Hunt knows exactly what's going on. He just doesn't want to admit it to Sam.

Anyone else seen all of both programmes? I'm trying not to give anything away, but... What do you think of the idea that Gene knows exactly what the nature of the world Sam (and later Alex) is in?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Calixar wrote:
So, having seen all of Ashes to Ashes and knowing the ending... I started watching LoM again this last week and am struck by the idea that Gene Hunt knows exactly what's going on. He just doesn't want to admit it to Sam.

Anyone else seen all of both programmes? I'm trying not to give anything away, but... What do you think of the idea that Gene knows exactly what the nature of the world Sam (and later Alex) is in?

I've watched both programmes and enjoyed the heck out of them (LoM is still my favorite between the two).

Very interesting idea you have - it definitely makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Life on Mars, series 2...   Life on Mars, series 2... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 pm

His responses when Sam talks about going home are what really do it... jokes about the Wizard of Oz and snide comments about how Sam is still there because part of him likes it there...
Back to top Go down

Life on Mars, series 2...
Page 1 of 1