Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Paint application question Empty
PostSubject: Paint application question   Paint application question EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

One of my Imperial Dalek figures has had some of its cream livery scratched, and I was hoping someone would know which color exactly to use to cover the scratches. And, one other question.. what's the best way of applying paint to a Dalek's eyestalk? I've tried sanding it up, and then using a brush, but I'm wondering if spray paint would be better. The end of the stalk, with the bulb that holds the iris and pupil, to be specific.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Paint application question   Paint application question EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:51 pm

definitely do not use aerosol, best to use a brush (small headed), use a small amount of paint and hold the dalek dome in your hand (probably best with the eyestalk sticking straight up) that way you can avoid splashing pant onto the main body.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Paint application question   Paint application question EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
One of my Imperial Dalek figures has had some of its cream livery scratched, and I was hoping someone would know which color exactly to use to cover the scratches.

I was gonna ask that too! Anyone know the color?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com

Paint application question
Page 1 of 1